13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program

Anyone looked into the 13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program?

After the latest OS update, this is very visible on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports). It had been intermittent/less visible before, and is more prominent that in the pic than 9TO5Mac has on their article about it.

Wondering if anyone has experience with getting this fixed at an Apple Authorized Service Provider (I am not close to an Apple store), and what turnaround there was — like many of you I use this machine everyday, including for work.

Some information I’ve been able to source:

The replacement program covers the issue for intermittent backlight, no backlight, or stage-lighting (every first or second column lit).

Turnaround expectations are 3-5 days estimated, but keep in mind that may vary depending on:

• The individual AASP’s turnaround time and repair backlog
  • Parts availability from Apple’s Australian warehouse
  • Dead-on-Arrival replacement parts (which can sometimes happen)

I’d check with the AASP before or when creating a service booking.

thanks @iMic. Spoke to the local AASP today, and was told 7-10 business days (said they send back to Apple). They also stated Apple would take 10 business days. I’ll drop by the Apple store in Sydney next time I am up that way (and see if I can get a loner machine from work)

For those interested, I had my the backlight fixed (~3 months ago).

After some delays with Apple Support (staff going on leave, new people taking over), I dropped the MBP into the George St Apple store.

The MBP came back with a new top and bottom case (no charge). Apple went above and beyond. Not my first experience with this level of support in seeking to rectify an issue. I have owned a significant number of Apple products which likely plays a role.

Very happy with the outcome.