3rd Party backup options prior to clean install

Hi all. Looking to do a clean install and move over to High Sierra soon and am currently wanting to back up the key important stuff and not a full system image as there are a bunch of things that it’s time to leave behind as i’ve done in place upgrades since 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Currently running 10.11.6 El Capitan. I’m thinking SuperDuper and then do a Clean Install before importing my stuff back in? It’s been years since I’ve done this and that because my laptop is the Whip for all of the backups and iOS deployments in the house.

Ive got quite a few old apps (no longer supported) that i’m keen to nuke that i cant currently and would like that space back.

You could do a Time Machine backup then use Migration Asssitant to copy over necessary items - this will also tell you the applications and are incompatible and would be easier than manual application reinstallation and data restores.

If you don’t want a clone, TM will do the job. I’d probably still be inclined to use SuperDuper! Or Carbon Copy Cloner. If you make a clone, at least you wont have a lot of grief if you want to roll back.