Aftermarket Apple watch straps

Hopefully Nomad has learnt from that experience. The CEO was in active damage control with the people who pre-ordered. I received a personal email from him apologising for what happened, and he even gave me his phone number if I wanted to discuss it with him.

It was a nice attempt to win back customer support and loyalty, but it was still very frustrating.

I think that says something about the ethics of the people involved and I would be unlikely to buy their product out of principle. The reality is if they did that, they clearly were only looking at the money and their perceptions of the ethics of the situation were clearly distorted.

Bump. The Bexar Goods one looks good but is completely sold out for my Watch (42mm stainless steel) anyone got any others?

Check out southern straps for great nato style bands for the Apple Watch.

I purchased one and its become one of my fav bands. Feels good on the hand and looks great. I was pleasantly surprised.

I’ve just stumbled across this place that sells adapters to turn normal watch straps into Apple Watch straps. You can probably get them locally or on eBay I imagine. http://www.clockworksynergy.com/shop/product-category/accessories/apple-watch-adapters/

Good thread revival. I had been thinking about another Sport strap, but now I’m thinking of a few…

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Standard-Size-Band-For-Apple-Watch-Strap-Silicone-Band-Free-Shipping/32441239382.html

2 Likes

From the link above I picked up a Midnight Blue and the “Fog” colour. They arrived today, so it’s definitely something I wouldn’t pick up if I wanted something new in a hurry, but for a tenth of the cost of a real thing I’m super happy.

Very minor differences between the two. I can’t tell if the material is different than the original because my black band now has a slightly worn feel to it, but it certainly feels very similar. Second photo below shows that the real thing has the size stamp, while these particular non-genuines don’t. Clasp “action” is also slightly harsher on the non-genuines, due to a slightly less rounded pin/thing that inserts into the band, but otherwise they’re identical.

Still awaiting my 42mm modern buckle leather band, which Apple don’t actually offer. That one should be interesting, but it was about US $28.

1 Like

Ultimately, you get what you pay for it!!!

Picked up a cheap hoco replica. It’s not bad overall, but quality definitely isn’t on a par with the hoco originals.

Wow talk about trademark infringement the replica even has the name Hoco on it.

And when did China ever respect trademarks? :slight_smile:

Just be wary. Personally Watch straps that don’t use Apple’s official MFi lugs are a deal breaker for me. Risk of potential breakage is too high.

Grabbed a black Milanese loop from eBay based on positive reviews from Whirlpool users. I’ve only had it a few hours but am quite pleased with it for the price!

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Milanese-Magnetic-Loop-Stainless-Steel-Strap-Watch-Bands-For-Apple-Watch-iWatch-/191767225881

2 Likes

I don’t yet have an Apple Watch, but when the Kardia band is released, I will likely get one. Or, rather, I may get one soon, and get the Kardia band when its released. I’ll revert to using my phone and Sleep Cycle to track my sleep issues.

I really wish Apple would release an authentic brown sports band. I wear far more brown than black, so it’d compliment my shoes/belt better than the black one on my black sport watch does (The silver aluminium was too standout-ish for me. I reckon a brown sports band with the black watch would look great. I have a cheap leather loop one I bought off ebay that is ok, but I prefer the feel of the sports band.

Has anyone ordered a sports band knockoffs from ebay? :slight_smile: Any suggestions for good quality ones?

Edit: just saw @bennyling’s post. Do you have a link to the seller?

Previous post! Aftermarket Apple watch straps - #15 by bennyling

Sorry, it seems PEBKAC over here! :slight_smile:

Thanks.

I received my black Milanese loop yesterday and agree that’s it’s excellent for the price!

2 Likes

Just ordered a Nomad, will report when/if it turns up. Hoping it gets here in time for a wedding I have in about 6 weeks. Should be plenty of time. And I think we’re well and truly out of the preorder period for it.

I wanted a leather band, but I also wanted black lugs/clasp to go with it too. Absolutely nothing on Amazon that ships here so Nomad it was. The Bexar Goods straps look great too, but I find the Nomad a little more minimalist (which is more my taste). The BG strap is a bit more exy as well

I also hit eBay for one of the black milanese loops. It cost AUD$18.95 about 4 months ago. It has worn well and looks quite classy.