Airpods - Who's keen?

I’ve been using my daily and it’s been great. I use it when I exercise at home on the cross trainer.

I did try to going to my local Apple Store today for opening time on the hope they got a delivery but alas no such luck, they advised they are lucky if they get 2 small allocations a week. JB Hi fi no stock as well and Myer told me they have never had any to sell so far.
I suspect that either Apples manufacturer hasn’t fully nailed down the process yet to manufacture in quantity or their is a low yield issue.

I finally saw my first lot of these in the wild yesterday. The really stand out, and I just think they look weird. The guy wearing them was also having a conversation with his girlfriend/wife… wouldn’t you take them out, even if you weren’t listening? That just seems rude to me, even if he could hear her perfectly fine.

I haven’t seen any yet, but my wife was quite excited to tell me how she saw someone with them the other day and how ridiculous they looked.

I have a feeling that was code for ‘you’re not buying them’.

1 Like

Maybe the beatsX is the W1 alternative.
Pros: closer fit so more sound deadening, a conventional control mechanism, cord, $20 less, conventual looks, different colours.
Negs: less able to hear around you, Beats bass emphasis, cord, less overall endurance, have to connect a cord to charge compared with airpods case solution).

I think the airpods look OK, people just don’t expect earphones to look that way. I think if they were a dark colour people would be less confronted.

1 Like

Or you could just care less of what people think of you for wearing AirPods?

1 Like

I dislike the Airpods for a number of reasons related to the design choice Apple made with them but worrying about what people would think of me for wearing them is NOT on the list.

If people don’t like the way the airpods look (or you look) then tell them to go fuck themselves.

NB I continue to believe that a linked cord between individual ear pods would have been a superior design choice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In saying that though, I’ve deliberately made sure my girlfriend hasn’t seen me wearing them :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Sure, but people might care how they themselves look.
Fwiw, I would go the airpods, but my wife might do better with the beatsX for the better noise reduction from the closer fit.

She works in an all female environment.:sunglasses:

Just wait 2 years… and instead of being a fashion trend setter you can be one of the cattle wearing them thinking “so glad I got on this trend”… Was exactly the same when the iPhone + launched. People (myself included, :joy:) judged the people who carried them. Now they are everywhere (including my pocket)!

1 Like

I reckon you are right.