Amazon coming to Australia

Well, after their half-hearted entrance into Australia which is more of just their books and ebook collection, the Amazon juggernaut is set to come to Australia. For me with the state of wholesaling in Australia and with whole sales plucking the golden goose for too long this can only be seen as a good thing.

All I want to know is when will I be able to buy a fully localised Echo?

1 Like

Probably whenever they set up a local Amazon Marketplace which seems to be sooner rather than later. I for one am more interested in the large amounts of high quality goods at low, low prices.

That article only said it may be coming. I wonder how much of a real difference it will make in terms of whats actually available. Right now many things will ship to our locations, and many others do not, necessitating the use of a re-shipper. I usually dont bother anymore. The things that don’t ship to Oz now are unlikely to be more available if theres a full store here. Anyway… We shall see, I suppose.

The thing is most sellers have cottoned on to the trouble to selling things to Australia so most of them don’t anymore which leads to prices from amazon marketplace sellers you don’t bother with. Adorama is always worth a laugh if you want to see excessive shipping costs.

If/when the marketplace does come it should be exactly the same as the US/U.K. Marketplace in the way it operates. Who signs up to sell on it will be another matter. In theory it’s a whole hell of a lot better than other options such as eBay for buyers anyway.

1 Like