Apple 7 September 2016 Event thread

So… it’s just over 24 hours away…

Anyone here going to watch it live?

Also, we are expecting definitely the iPhone 7, EarPods, Apple Watch 2…

What would be your personal wish for “But theres ’re more thing…” (knowing full well that’s not Tim Cook’s style)…

My one more thing would be… the new MacBook Pro. What’s yours?

Not enough to excite me, no iPads or MacBook Pros

1 Like

Could this be the least exciting iPhone ever? Together with an underwhelming new version of iOS.

2 Likes

Have not even given it a thought, for the first time since I went Mac, fulltime, 13 years ago.

Nope, I’ll check afterwards to see/confirm that Apple have removed the headphone jack from the iPhone and if they have there isn’t any point worrying about the EarPods or the watch for me.

I haven’t gotten up early in a long long time. Usually it’s just read the aftermath when I wake up these days.

Assuming there is a new CPU (A10??) that will leave the current gen iPad’s 2 generations behind and the iPad Pro 1 Generation behind… Would they really do that for another year?

Yes, A10 chips (v fast apparently)

Lost interest in these yearly presentations.
Switch to Intel was the last time I really have 2 hoots and perhaps the original iPhone.

Nothing revolutionary really comes out now. Just small evolutionary changes.

A new Mac Pro with current gen graphics cards would get me excited.

Only interested from the point of view that my iPhone 5 is literally falling to pieces and this will confirm whether to get a used 6s or 7.

I actually thought the event was this morning so got up slightly early to read the event wraps before work, that was disappointing.

1 Like

For those who want to play at home, try Apple Bingo Pro tonight!

1 Like

Interested to see if we get a price drop on new iPhones as Aussie dollar has improved a fair bit since 6S came out.
Loss of headphone jack doesn’t worry me too much, but keen to see how they spin it.

It’s been rumoured for so long that I think most of the sting it out of that one (sadly).

I see the store is down already… Soon.

Just a theory, so we know that iOS 10 will have low, medium and high settings for the flashlight. I think that they may have added this because the new iPhone’s rumoured four LED’s upgraded from the previous two LED’s are brighter than the current flash which means they’d use more battery in flashlight mode. Just a thought.

Didn’t plan to watch live. But I did.

Was thinking $99 for AirPods, but $159 wow. What’s that, $199 here?

That dongle is lol. I was expecting something short.

I wish I could exchange an unopened pair of EarPods for the new lightning ones, I like to have 2 pairs.

Close, $229. http://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/MMEF2ZA/A/airpods

Not sure if anything else came down in price but iPad Pro 9.7 is cheaper.
128 is $999 and used to be $1149
256 is now $1149. Used to be $13xx

1 Like

iPhone 7 preorders start this Friday 5 pm. What about Apple Watch 2?

The price coming down on the iPads is good news as is the adoption of minimum 32Gb storage.

The 9.7inch iPad Pro will be our next purchase I think, but we’ve just ordered an iPhone SE to replace my better half’s iPhone 6 which was dying. We were holding off to confirm that Apple were chopping the headphone port or not. The 7 sans headphone port wasn’t an option and the SE is faster then her 6.

I’m hoping Apple keep the SE in the lineup because it’d let me stay with an Apple phone when my 6S goes out of contract rather than having to go Android (I have a 12 month option to upgrade but I don’t have to use it and I’ll stay with my 6S+ for now).

The improvements to the Watch 2 look useful, but strike me as being what the watch should have been in the first place.

And those ear pods? WTF? That price can buy some pretty good earphones with a link cable!

Watch 2 looks good. But I have a stainless steel Watch with the bands I’m already happy with. I should be able to just buy a Watch sans band or be able trade mine in.

I’ve not had a chance to watch the event yet but this is possibly the most pointless update to an iPhone ever. I’m looking at it and can’t actually find justification for upgrading from a 6.