Apple 7 September 2016 Event thread

Almost double the power, longer battery life, better camera, faster internet, better screen, toilet proof Andy.

1 Like

Toilet Proof Andy is the best feature.

2 Likes

Agreed with Benny on this one.

1 Like

Bwahhahaaa

I am not sure of the old price range for the 6S. Is there a difference?

I was hoping the 2nd gen hardware for the Apple Watch would be a bigger step up in power and efficiency. Might stick to the Pebble Time 2 until Watch v3. Those AirPods are curious though. I find the current wired versions to be incredibly uncomfortable in-ear, and very difficult to actually keep them in the ear too. I imagine these must be heavier to incorporate the guts? So I’ll be forever pushing them into my ear or they’ll be falling out all the time. Bragi and the others have the right idea.

1 Like

For my ears the std iPhone buds fit the best. The only ones that don’t make a noise as I walk.
I also believe there have been some beats wireless earphones released with the special chip that may be of interest, Gehenna.

As someone who just got a 6S, there’s very little to tempt me to upgrade to iphone 7. I’m far more interested in the new Apple Watch. I need to decide if I want to wait for the Nike+ one, or order one of the “normal” models. Things that concern me are the battery life not being mentioned at all, and 3rd party app support for GPS, eg from Strava/Runkeeper etc. I would guess they will have apps for the new phone quicksmart, but I guess we’ll wait and see. It’s not obvious if the Nike+ app can be installed on the non Nike+ watch. All a bit confusing right now, I wonder if the Apple Store will have answers.

Nothing of interest to me in the 7 series, so I’m just going to get the SE because it is the better size, and they dropped the price (a little bit).

I am tempted to upgrade Mrs entropy’s 6+, but I am happy to keep my year old 6S for another year.
Next year I expect that Apple will skip the 7S and go straight to 8. Because it will be tenth anniversary. I expect a lot of awesome. Probably no lightning port and long distance wireless charging only.

Clear slab of glass with molecular circuitry for 10th Anniversary phone.

I would guess ceramic actually given the flash ceramic Apple Watch.

Speaking of the Ceramic Watch, how much is it? I couldn’t find it on the site before, unless I missed it.

From the website

Ah cool. Figured it would be pricey. I like the idea though.

I’ve got the 6+ and the Watch Sport.

I’ve been considering an upgrade to the Non Sport model of the watch for it’s better glass but couldn’t justify it, upgrading to the Series 2 Watch might just tip me over… but if I stop and think about it, the current one really does everything I need right now. So I shouldn’t.

The iPhone is a little bit tempting with it’s much faster CPU, faster touchID, better screen and all the other shiny newness… but again, if I stop and think there really isn’t anything earth shattering in there for me or my use cases. So I shouldn’t.

We will see if I change my mind, but it does look like another year of holding onto current gear.

1 Like

Interesting:

Glossy black finish scratches and Apple officially recommends a case.

Hidden in the fine print of the tech specs page for iPhone 7 is the following warning:

The high-gloss finish of the jet black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodization and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodized Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone.

1 Like

LIKE: CPU, camera, home button (maybe), stereo speakers, battery life, removal of 16GB

DISLIKE: ugly long adapter, price and battery life of AirPods

I take it existing cases can’t be used because they would cover the top speaker?

Well IMHO that was a fairly dull update, should be called the 6SS. Removal of headphone port is one of the crappiest things they’ve done recently, a third year on the same design is a bit stale… the new colour introduced is pointless given they say to use a case. Where is wireless charging? A

Longer battery life is always good, performance looks to be good. 32GB base storage is WELL overdue, should have happened in 2013, but glad its happened finally. The new home button is also a plus I think given how the old ones break.

Now the thing that has interested me is the Apple Watch. I’ve never been that interested but i kinda got interested watching WWDC and seeing WatchOS 3, that combined with the price drop on the Series 1 watch is quite enticing.

1 Like