Apple Event Roundup

Lots to unpack from today’s Apple event in San Francisco. The highlights: Apple Watch preorders start April 10th for a April 24th launch, and Australia is included. The 12″ fanless MacBook is real, and it’s spectacular. HBO Now launches in April and is exclusive to AppleTV. Apple Watch Tim Cook and Kevin Lynch showed off the Watch, and while there…

Originally published at: http://appletalk.com.au/2015/03/apple-event-roundup/

Update courtesy of MacStories.net: HBO Now is US-only. Or VPN-only.

Has anyone noticed that the pricing has changed for the 15" MacBook pro? It was $2999 and now it’s $3499, is this a subtle dollar exchange rate price change maybe? And also, the Apple TV is still $109 here

That is very thin indeed :open_mouth:

I’ve got to say this is the most exciting announcement of the day for me!

I’m told that other HBO apps have been IP limited, so common services like Unblock-US might not work with HBO Now. This might be different, but I’m not going to get my hopes up just yet.

I did. Also the 1TB SSD upgrade has gone from $600 to $700. Annoyed as I was stupidly holding out for the new models.

Both 15-inch prices have changed. Base was $2499, now $2799. Upper was $2999, now $3499. No change to model number so I’m assuming this was just a price increase due to currency changes :frowning:

I kind of regret not buying one when it was $2999, stupid Australian dollar.

The iPhone went up as well, starts at $999 instead of $869 now :frowning: stupid Australia tax.

I really wish I was paying more attention and saw this a couple of weeks ago when it might’ve been remotely useful.

Sunday 2 weeks ago I put a post on Facebook whinging about the same thing. Someone pointed out that it was the last day for it, but JB Hifi had 10% off the old pricing structure. End result. I got the top model MBP for about $2.7K. I was holding out for the next refresh but figured it could be my last chance to get a decent specced MBP for a while.