Apple has been sued because a driver, using her iPhone 5 to text, caused a horrific crash leading to 2 deaths and 7-year old paraplegic (Meador v Apple Inc)

The US legal system in action:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/the-i-phone-distracted-dr_b_12248964

Don’t text and drive!

How can someone have the nerve to not take responsibility for causing such a tragedy?

1 Like

using her I-phone 5

Clearly not Apple’s problem then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Better sue Heiniken too…

Meanwhile, everyone involved in the manufacture and sale of guns is specifically protected from lawsuits or prosecution. Gotta love that freedom!

Huffington post.

'murica :unamused:

Heavy traffic and bottlenecks are causing me stress on paid motorways! I need to be compensated!! Gotta love ‘america’

I understand where the victims are coming from. They can’t sue the driver for enough to cover the paraplegic and the loss of life, the driver is probably going to jail, maybe they weren’t insured so lets look for someone else to blame. It doesn’t make it any less ridiculous and I hope the judge politely tells them to stop wasting the courts time. Bad things happen to good people, unlucky, you can’t blame the wrong person for the outcome.

1 Like

Makes one appreciate the TAC eh?

No CarPlay…why weren’t they using CarPlay?

CarPlay is just as bad - unless you’re using Siri, you’re still being distracted by a screen. I’d rather phones disable themselves in the car. Besides from maybe plain phone calls, no one’s phone is more important than other’s safety.