Apple Pay (Wallet)

So it has now been approximately two years since Apple Pay first launched in Australia. How much longer can the big stubborn banks let this go on I wonder.

The Big Banks are in Big Trouble. I wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot bargepole.

I am still with one of them, but for how long is the real question

I use it all the time. It is a great solution. It is the most secure solution. However, I suspect that to the lay person, it is just so much easier to just tap a card.

Many people seem happy to use say 5% of the capabilities of their smartphone. They do not want to spend time to learn, configure or even play with apps.

The readers of this forum are probably the opposite. They enjoy trialling, using and fine tuning apps. They don’t mind the complexity. It is all part of the fun. We say Apple Pay is easy, but others say it is easier still to ignore it.

I doubt Apple Pay will really take off until Apple convinces lay people that the additional security is worth the effort to setup and use It. Only then will the clamour build for the big banks to support Apple Pay.

Customers will know more in general when the banks want them to. ANZ made sure to advertise it broadly when they introduced it, so if/when the other banks introduce it, they should be advertising that fact. Although it’s entirely possibly that once they introduce Apple Pay, begrudgingly, that they will act like children and not advertise it at all