Apple Pay (Wallet)

I see the same thing. Dare to dream!

1 Like

Lol. Thatā€™s the spirit!

More like a bug in my opinion. A lot of people from all over the world are reporting seeing Apple Pay Cash, Unless Apple has magically found a special way to roll out to a shitload of countries quickly which is quite doubtful.

Iā€™m going to say bug.

However in saying that if they were going to roll out anywhere next Apple Pay Cash that is I would think with the trouble the banks have been in country here we would probably be next on the list.

Because they could offer an easy way to get around your bank and get everyone a Apple Pay Cash Card. That would be a giant you know what to the banks.

2 Likes

I got an email from CommBank a while ago and it included a link to email the CEO with feedback, so I did. I gave them my thoughts on Apple Pay. This is what they replied:

ā€œWe know that Australians like to make the most of the latest payments technology. Apple Pay takes a different approach to mobile payments than we do ā€“ and at this stage, itā€™s not a technology weā€™ve chosen to adopt. We are always looking for new ways forward and will keep your feedback in mind.ā€

Typical no-answer answer.

Yeah that is a typical response. You have to vote with your feet, itā€™s the only way these banks will learn.

1 Like

Just moving all my accounts to Macquarie actually.

Cya NAB!

1 Like

grunched the last 2.5 years. Wallet apps have been ridiculously underused by all companies. I should be able to have my Opal, Myki, Hoyts, Village, Qantas, Virgin, ā€¦ cards and tickets all in my Wallet app, regardless if Iā€™m on Android or iOS. Why are most companies so shit?

3 Likes

arrives late to partyā€¦ whips out his CBA mastercardā€¦ enters detailsā€¦ frowns at the response from his shiny new iPhone 8ā€¦ searches Googlesā€¦ sighā€¦

I think Iā€™m about to follow you. With the whole Spanish Inquisition into the Big 4/etcā€¦ Iā€™m ready to move (half) my Super away from CBA, as well as my day to day banking. (Kids banking will probably stay with BankWest (aka CBA) as they do have good rates for kids savingsā€¦)

Definitely one of the signs of the apocalypse:

7 Likes

I just read that here just now and was coming to post it :stuck_out_tongue:

About bloody time! As a long time CBA customer Iā€™m very much looking forward to this.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got a couple of invites for Up if anyone is interested.

:white_check_mark:Near enough to fee free
:white_check_mark:Allows immediate access to Apple Pay and has Google, Fitbit and Garmin pay as well
:white_check_mark:Is not CBA
:white_check_mark:Support for Osko and PayID
:white_check_mark:No international transaction fees

2 Likes

I just read an email from Matt Comyn (CEO of Commonwealth Bank) who told me the news.

This is amazing, better late than never I guess? But wow that was a long wait

1 Like

Might be interested but have no idea whgat ā€œUpā€ is. Could you give us a link or at least explain it?

I (among many others it seems) wrote to Matt Comyn when he became CEO voicing my dissatisfaction with lack of Apple Pay. I also got a follow up from him today:

Hi Nathan

A few months ago, you wrote to me about Apple Pay.

Weā€™ve listened to your feedback, and Iā€™m pleased to let you know that in January 2019 youā€™ll be able to use your personal CommBank Mastercard or Visa with Apple Pay, as another fast, easy and secure way to pay.

This change is just one of the ways weā€™re listening to our customers and taking action to become a simpler, better bank, and weā€™ll be making more positive changes in the future.

Thank you again,

Matt

Well, better late than never, and hopefully the rest of them follow suit very quickly.

3 Likes

Theyā€™ll fall like dominos for sure

2 Likes

Sorry, I had intended to hyperlink it!

1 Like

Sure, hit me up. (no pun intended)

1 Like

Yahoo! At last! Persistence (finally) pays off!

2 Likes

Thanks. OK, very new. Think Iā€™ll be sticking with Macquarie and (alas) CBA