Apple Pay (Wallet)

Fairly sure I have not used either of my CBA debit or credit cards since I started using Apple Pay. In fact, I no longer carry the cards at all. If I need cash, I get cardless cash via the app.

Waiting for digital Myki card and drivers licence.

3 Likes

Iā€™m tempted to just leave my licence in the car.

I donā€™t carry my wallet on my person anymore, itā€™s always in my bag. I rarely have cash as almost everywhere I go takes contactless payments with no minimum.

1 Like

not that anyone really needs to know, but my ā€œwalletā€ is a carbon fiber money clip

some cars are starting to introduce apps that allow you to open your car, so Iā€™m hoping in the future: no wallet, no cards, no cash, no keys :slight_smile:

Yeah Iā€™m thinking of not carrying my wallet anymore. Myki and my Medicare cards are the only things I keep in it now. Wonder if eeā€™ll Also one day be able to use proximity cards for doors at work with our phones. Surely yes.

1 Like

Do we actually have to carry our Medicare card? The app below keeps a digital copy of your Medicare and Organ Donor cards:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/express-plus-medicare-mobile-app

4 Likes

Woo hoo. It was written about by most news organisations. But yeah not as much coverage is when CBA did it.

Yep pretty much how I think most people eventually go down that path.

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll get there eventually with Myki it takes time and unlike Android Apple doesnā€™t really do things in the open or allow those organisations to do things in the open.

Yeah Iā€™m not aware of anything for your state regarding a drivers license I think itā€™s only SA and NSW that have got things in the works and somewhat of a product in trial.

Where are you located?

Yep itā€™s been a great three years. For me at least.

Yeah and I believe the car industry is working on a standard.

You can off load a Medicare card using the Medicare app.

Yup apples got a few pilot programs in place at the moment and there is door locks that have the ability to work with the wallet.

Yep I donā€™t believe so Iā€™ve never had any issues.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been able to add my Debit Mastercard (Bendigo Bank), my American Express credit card to both my iPhone XR and my Android phone but I can only add my Visa credit card (St George) to my Android phone.

It seems like St George arenā€™t offering Apple Pay support yet which is a bit slack.

St George are owned by Westpac so Iā€™d say when Westpac comes online, SG will too.

1 Like

This. Theyā€™re not currently supporting Apple Pay.

In a state that requires drivers carry a plastic card on their person at all times while driving or otherwise in charge of a vehicle, and which has not shown any interest in changing that at this time.

Yeah then youā€™ve got no other choice youā€™ll have to carry it or keep it in the car.

Me and @Kyle-K have a bunch of these double-sided taped into central consoles in vehicles. Otherwise my drivers license lives in a very small three card wallet.

But we are also both in W.A. So itā€™s not technically a big deal if you forget. Not that I do that much myself any more.

South Australia has a digital driverā€™s licence for about 2 years now through their mySA GOV app. I donā€™t carry a physical wallet anymore.

I have to carry my BP & Caltex fuel cards but I leave them in the car.

The Medicare app looks promising. Still need to carry my Bupa card too when I remember to bring my wallet.

Can these not be added into the Wallet or Stocard apps? They all have individual apps too, have you looked into those?

I am in a similar situation with fuel cards, we have fuel cards for Shell, BP and Caltex for our leased vehicle. Itā€™s difficult to swipe Stocard through the magstripe reader of the POS terminal.

Neither the Shell or Starcard (Caltex) app enable payments from a fuel card account.
BP Plus app does in theory, but I locked the account when trying to add it on my phone as the details didnā€™t match the account holder (likely the details of the leasing company) - and even if I could set it up on my wifeā€™s phone (itā€™s her lease), itā€™s usually me who fills the car - so not helpful.
As we only have one car itā€™s just easier to leave the cards in the glovebox.

Iā€™ve tried the BP Plus app but it doesnā€™t work with Maxxia. This is who my car lease is with.

I did have my Bupa card in Stocard but the card needs to be swiped in the terminal to work.

Some recent updatesā€¦ Woolworths Credit Cards now have Apple Pay Support.

Woolworths and the following institutions have been added to the Apple Pay bank support list here however, the following institutions havenā€™t made it to the support article yet.

• Coles Financial Services
  • Paywith
  • Vault Payment
  • Wildcard

Apple Pay doesnā€™t appear to be switched on as of yet at Coles or Wildcard.

Wildcardā€™s implementation is going through various stages at the moment as has been reported in our chat room here. they appear to be working on the final stages of their implementation which is card verification.

Status of the last two, Paywith and Vault Payment is unknown.

Thanks to members of our UserNext: Digital Banking discord community Kyle-K, TonyDuffe and BeauGiles.

2 Likes

They have now reverted back. So you cannot add your card to Apple Pay terms and conditions will continue to pop up but youā€™ll be unsuccessful in adding your card.

This is most likely been done to stop people adding their card and trying to verify the card which is physically impossible at the moment.

This has now gone live with in app card provisioning.

While pushing out the news regarding the launch of wildcard I noticed that the following have been removed from Appleā€™s website.

• Coles Financial Services
  • Paywith
  • Vault Payment
  • Wildcard

Well thatā€™s new, Iā€™ve never actually seen the option before (In beta) as far as I can recall. Itā€™s not active obviously but still.

I didnā€™t notice this in the earlier betas, and since I hadnā€™t updated my iPad to the latest beta that dropped a day ago, I checked it and it had no Apple Cash app in iMessage, I updated it to the current beta iteration and sure enough, it appeared.

1 Like

Unfortunately as this has happened multiple times in different countries including here with public, private and full release versions of iOS. You canā€™t use this as an indicator that this functionality may be coming to Australia unfortunately.

Has been discussed previously this is something that would require Apple to have a partnership here in Australia. As well as solve various technical issues by having that product available across borders.

1 Like