Apple Pay (Wallet)

Neither of their responses look great TBH.

Yeah I think then maybe the response I got was from someone who wasnā€™t told previously how to phrase their response.

I just want them to hurry up, feels like weā€™ve been waiting forever.

Iā€™ve got an Amex, and Iā€™ve got Apple Pay. But Iā€™ve probably used it three times, the main reason being I also have an ING Everyday Account which gives me 2% back for all Paywave Transactions under $100. Itā€™s just as easy for me to get my ING card out of my wallet as it is for me to use my iphone. My partner now has one and weā€™re pretty much only using our credit cards for things like bills or purchases over $100, everything else is cash through ING. The 2% cashback may of course not last forever! I use cash so rarely now, that currently Iā€™ve got $40 in my wallet and I think itā€™s the same $40 Iā€™ve had for at least a month. I havenā€™t had any coins in my pockets for months either.

Just out of curiosity, do you think your frequency of use would be higher if you had an ļ£æWatch?

Finally got to use this with the watch. Ridiculously cool :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m jealous, still impatiently waiting for the banks to get their act together :rage:

I think we may be waiting a looooooong timeā€¦

In the meantime that Bellroy phone case looks like a good way to use NFC, but alas I donā€™t have an iPhone 6 :frowning:

This may have been said here before but, I think we will have Apple Pay here (properly) by launch of the iPhone 7, I just have a feeling thatā€™ll be the breaking point. Even if itā€™s only one bank.

get the feeling that once 1 bank jumps on board, the rest will be pretty quick to follow

1 Like

Except for CBA, Iā€™m sure. Iā€™m not expecting them to adopt Apple Pay ever.

If Commonwealth Bank doesnā€™t ever join Apple Pay, that will be a shame.

I donā€™t want to have to leave them, so hereā€™s hoping they come to their senses.

Complacency is the main reason I havenā€™t looked too hard elsewhere, but if they give me a good enough reason I will have a look at alternatives- this would be a good enough reason.

1 Like

Iā€™m late to the Apple Pay game, as I recently signed up for a free Amex card that supports Apple Pay. I find myself using it more on the iPhone now as it is less awkward in public, compared to trying to pay with Apple Watch (where the face is pointing away from me and I canā€™t see it). If Iā€™m at a terminal that has self-service options (like Woolies, Coles), Iā€™d be more keen to try out Apple Pay on the watch. Most of the time I pay with iPhone if possible. Iā€™m slowly accumulating a list of places that work with Apple Pay.

I have an Amex with one of the banks and donā€™t really want another one just for ApplePay although itā€™s tempting. Annoying that the banks arenā€™t getting on board.

Itā€™s like waiting for Christmas morning on Christmas night, feels like forever

Bumpage. So there are multiple rumblings on various other fora about other providers come on board for Apple Pay, most notably ANZ. Somebody claimed on Ozbargain to have added an ANZ Amex and it worked and they were able to use it, but then ANZ contacted them a few days later and they had to remove it or something along those lines. Along with this apparently people are getting different messages when attempting to add cards from banks than they were previously.

2 Likes

Any news is good news at this point, even rumours.

I donā€™t care which banks step up, Iā€™ll sign up with whoever does it.

AMEX is just not a good choice IMO to use it because a lot of places donā€™t accept AMEX, so hopefully sooner rather than later some other regular old bank does it. I wanna be able to use Apple Pay on my debit card.

100% agreed, I will swap my banking in a heartbeat.

Just getting standard ā€œYour issuer does not supportā€ message on ING and CBA debit cards.

Itā€™s a first world problem, for sure, but it would just be damn convenient.

Hereā€™s an example of how Iā€™d see it being convenient.

I go out to do some shopping, I stop at Boost and pick my drink then double tap the side button and swipe on my ļ£æWatch to bring up my boost club membership, scan it to get my points then swipe to my bank card and pay.

Having your bank card in your ļ£æWatch is handy, but think of all of the possible membership cards that could be stored on there.

In fact, because of cardless cash, I wouldnā€™t even need to carry my bank card with me even if a place didnā€™t accept NFC.