Apple Pay (Wallet)

ANZ says 2-3 working days

Doesnā€™t seem like ANZ does instant notifications of transactions. I paid with Apple Pay at Coles today which worked fine. I guess I need to check via their app which takes days to update for transactions.

Yeah Iā€™ve read that elsewhere. Apart from Apple Pay, Iā€™m not really enthused about moving to ANZ for a variety of reasons (for a start, their ATMS are few and far between). Happy to hang on a bit longer, I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be long before someone else makes the leap.

The notifications should come from Wallet itself, I believe

Yes I checked Wallet and nothing is there for ANZ that I used today. I see my AMEX ones though.

They might be working out the kinks

For the three transactions I have done I have received notifications via the Wallet usually in about 30 seconds of doing it. Did two today.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m getting notifications straight away with mine.

Iā€™ve had an ANZ card for a few years and found them to be total arseholes compared to the CBA. Cancelling it was on my list of things to do when I get a minute. Iā€™ll be sticking with it, for a while at least, now though.

1 Like

YEah Iā€™m not a huge fan of ANZ so will hold out in the hope that one day NAB goes down the Apple Pay path.

Going off-topic a bit, but I moved to ING Direct a month ago. The ATM rebate is fantastic, meaning I donā€™t have to worry about fees there. I was with ANZ years ago, but left after my personal and financial information was given to another party without authorisation, and their response being ā€œtoo bad, shit happensā€.

Iā€™ll just have to wait for ING to start offering Apple Pay.

Yeah, Iā€™ve been with them for a while just for my day to day transaction account. The ATM Rebate is great, but even better is the 2% rebate for paywave Transactions under $100. I reckon that is INGā€™s dilemmaā€¦ they have a lot of customers because of that rebate and I have a feeling they canā€™t afford to give you that AND ApplePay, so quite likely we will lose that rebate if and when they offer ApplePay (though they might surprise us). Since I started using the Paywave rebate late last year Iā€™ve made back about $150 as I just do all my small spending with the card. Yes I like using Apple Pay better, but for 2% I donā€™t mind getting the ING card out of my wallet.

I really like their iphone app and they have been nothing but a pleasure to deal with.

Note that they have dropped the interest rate on their Savings Maximiser Account by .25% as of today, and also there are apparently changes coming to internet banking as well.

Iā€™ve used the beta and itā€™s massively improved.

1 Like

Fair point there, although I can see it being a disaster for them if they did drop the 2% rebate. Many people (including myself) have shifted to them because of this, and it wonā€™t go down well. But letā€™s see what happens.

Had Apple Pay on an Engineers Australia Amex for a few monthsā€¦Loved the concept and execution. but I still had to carry my wallet around for things like flybuys, license etc etcā€¦

Once all those things can be on the phone itā€™ll really be great :slight_smile:

Hopefully NAB pickup their game too!

I use Stocard to keep my flybuys and woolies rewards on my phone, but Coles can never scan the codeā€¦ Not once!

1 Like

I use stocard for flybuys, works fine, though you need to hold your phone at a weird angle for those scanners they now have next to the EFT terminal.

For me [quote=ā€œjulee, post:158, topic:387ā€]
I use Stocard to keep my flybuys and woolies rewards on my phone, but Coles can never scan the codeā€¦ Not once!
[/quote]

For me it never works at the self service but at the normal checkout I got it to work

Same, I use Stockard with flybuys, never had a problem,

Saw the ANZ Apple Pay ad last night on TV. Donā€™t watch a lot of free to air, so may not be new.

Loved it. :slight_smile:

Glad they are marketing it - makes it more likely CBA will stop sitting on their hands and get it going too!

2 Likes

Tried again today, still nope. Could be the glare from my tempered glass SP? Hmmm.

Havenā€™t seen the advert yet, but been using Apple Pay for a few days now, lovinā€™ it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like