Apple Watch: One Year On

I’m wondering, are there any apps for the Watch which let you record and track gym workouts. Would be great if you could count weight and reps, and also modify and add new exercises on the run. there are phone apps which do this (some better than others) but the watch would be a great device for this.

I work full time as a photographer, and am frequently at dawn shoots. You wouldn’t believe how helpful having a graphic of dawn approaching and being able to see how many minutes left until strong light is on set is.

WatchOS 3 looks good.

3 Likes

Do you just use the astronomy face for that?

Solar

Works great when you scroll the crown too

http://www.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/styles/xlarge/public/field/image/2016/03/Time-Travel-changing-Solar-view-Apple-Watch-screenshot.jpg?itok=qGkC1lPe

1 Like

I’m an amateur photographer, but had never thought of that, great idea!

Does anyone know if the “now playing” remote in glances still exists in some form in WatchOS 3? I love using it to play/pause my music app, overcast, etc.

Glances are gone, but there’s still going to be some kind of Music app, at least according to the “performance and navigation” animation on Apple’s watchOS preview page.

Yeah, it’s still there. I have it as the leftmost item in my Dock.

1 Like

I must say, despite not actually wanting an Apple watch, I though Watch OS 3 was the most interesting out of Sierra, iOS 10 and the TV OS update.