Aussie Gov - New Tech Spy Laws

Two sides, the same coin?

1 Like

It is so the government can spy on you Cosmic. It has nothing to do with terrorists, who would simply add a layer of protection. Also stupid as a pretend justification as otherwise they would be addressing the problem caused by their own policies. Bandaid to a shark bite.

The politicians are too busy feathering their own nest to care about what you think, maybe only to the extent you could one day be a threat to them.

The only hiccup in this Bill’s passage was a little bit of theatre from the ALP pretending they weren’t also going to support it. For the low info voter.

1 Like

I always thought the universe revolved around me! :slight_smile:

Can’t do. It revolves around me!

Kryten: They always say the hardest part about leaving Cyberspace is realizing that the whole universe does not revolve around you.

Cat: Sure doesn’t. It revolves around me!

Kochanski: Absolutely…

Cat: No. I’m serious! Look at the evidence!

Lister: What evidence?

Cat: Take food: until I bite into it, it has no taste. Even when I know what I’m gonna say, it never bores me!

Lister: You, and you alone.

Cat: And here’s the kicker, all the interesting things that ever happen to me happened when I was in the room! Coincidence? Get outta here…

1 Like

The optimist in me is waiting for the statement from Tim Cook that Apple will cease selling iPhones in Australia. Taking away peoples shiny should be enough to start a revolution.

2 Likes

My prediction (my track record for Apple predictions is horrendously bad, so here’s hoping):

We get thrown under the bus to benefit the rest of the world’s customer base -
Australia will be moved onto a local “compliant” instance of iCloud (i.e. like China was recently) and have iMessage disabled.

1 Like