Battery meter weirdness after Sierra 10.12.2 update

I’m having some battery weirdness after updating to the latest version of Sierra. Done a bit of googling but wondered if others are having any similar issues.

My 13" Retina Macbook pro is from late 2013, so battery is now well over three years old. However it’s been fantastic and still holds a very decent charge of at least four or five hours.

After the 10.12.2 update, my battery icon shows an X and other utilities like Istat Menus show no battery info (where as it used to show number of cycles, battery health, etc).

And the battery still works… if I unplug the power the laptop continues on it’s merry way.

I’m convinced the battery is still fine (for a three year old battery) and it’s Sierra which is causing these issues since they took the “time remaining” away.

Anyone got any suggestsions/ideas?

EDIT never mind, I did a PRAM reset and that’s brought it back. For the Record battery health after 3 years 1 month is 91% and number of cycles is 240 (yes, it’s pretty much been plugged in on my desk almost the entire three years. Should have bought an imac, lol).