BluRay - Capture from XBox?

G’day,

Can I capture content from an XBox One S’s BluRay drive into my MacPro5,1?

Cheers,

cosmic

You’d need one of those game capture things… easier way would be to have a bluray drive connected directly to the mac and rip it.

The SuperDrive in my MacPro is very clunky sounding…

Probably have to prioritise SSD and a few other things over a BluRay though…

You mean you want to use the Xbox optical drive as a way of reading optical media on your Mac?

That ain’t gonna work. Pick up a USB optical drive, any type will work, doesn’t have to be the SuperDrive.

:slight_smile:

My hope was to be able to access the XBox One S’s bluray drive via the Mac, so I could back up my small but growing selection of BluRays… without actually buying “another” BluRay drive.

If it really can’t be done, then I may well look at an internal BluRay drive to replace the MacPro’s optical drive, as sounds like it’s dying. That said - I’m pretty sure the optical in my G5 is ok - if I can swap it over… though not sure if they are compatible.

G’day again,

Is something like this going to be “plug n play” with my Mac Pro?

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/pioneer-15x-internal-sata-oem-bluray-burner-drive-bdr209db-ab52546

My understanding is that Mac apps will NOT read a BluRay disk?? (IE Cos Steve hated BluRay so support was never provided??)

In that case - what software is everyone using for playing /etc BluRays?

Cheers

cosmic

I have that drive’s significantly older brother in a USB enclosure for use with my Mac mini.

MakeMKV will rip the discs - you can then transcode if you want using Handbrake or similar. Or if you’ve got sufficient drive space, leave them as is.

My goal will be to rip without any sacrifices. Of course, time will tell! It always does.

I used Mac Blu-ray player from macgo. I think a license came with the Blu-Ray player . Used Toast Titanium with the Blu-Ray plugin. Got it in one of those mac app bundles

I haven’t burnt a Blu-Ray for years. output 4K now.

Well, it’s on its way… $94 with free shipping from eBay.