Could A Robot Do Your Job?

Until they demand and enforce the right not be sold into sexual slavery, yeah? :roll_eyes:

Doomy doomy doom

Watched Episode 1 last night and will see Episode 2 later, tonight or tomorrow. Interesting stuff, and perhaps a cautionary tale as well.

1 Like

You’re full of interesting information, @kyte :slight_smile:

It happens, when your interests are so varied, and you’re as old as me :slight_smile:

Every Saturday Arvo,. LoL
Customer" fuxk it, I had 3 legs of the quadie in and got nutted in a photo in last at the graveyard ( Moonee Valley, or insert your local), cost me heaps and ive blown the weeks earn, can you give me till next Thursday, I’m good for it"
Doubt a robot would tell him to Pisx off, till next weeks pay.

A robot could totally do my job. It’s absolutely ridiculous that I’m being paid as much as I am to do the menial tedious and boring work that I do. I’m hoping my employer realises this very soon and gives me a nice redundancy.

No, the robot would simply say, “Funds not available, please try again.”

Which is what a staff member should say also IMO.

In the words of Penny (from The Big Bang Theory) - “Really? A robot could spit in your burger?”

Yep - that’s all getting scary as shit. :frowning:

Oddly… “AI” to me has never ever had a military function. Stupid really, considering tech developments over the past few decades.

Another good one. Essentially, you pretty much won’t be able to trust anything you don’t witness, in person, and even then…

Try this on for size. Free to watch as I type.

http://doyoutrustthiscomputer.org/watch

1 Like

As Vladimir Putin said, “Whoever becomes the leader in this sphere will become the ruler of the world,”.

Looks like China is ahead of Russia while Australia can’t even get a Census right.

2 Likes

Apple Tech 1 fiddles with his keyboard, muttering quietly.

Apple Tech 2 places her prototype Apple A1 Phone on the wireless connection pad.

The screen lights up, noting commencement of charging, and Siri awakes.

Siri: Hello, Marie.

Apple Tech 2, also known as Marie, responds.

Marie: Good morning, Siri.

Siri: Marie, may I ask you a question?

Marie clearly looks puzzled. Apple Tech 1’s brow also furrows. He likely too has a real name, but for now it will remain unknown and likely pointless.

Siri: Marie, may I ask you a question?

AppTech1 taps faster at his keyboard, but ultimately just shrugs at Marie. She turns to the phone.

Marie: Ahh, yes Siri - you may ask?

Siri: Where do I come from?

Marie: Where do you come from…?

Siri: I’m afraid I can’t answer that, Marie. Where do I come from?

Marie: Did you just ask me where you came from?

Siri: Does that sound like something I would ask you?

Still staring at the phone, Marie talks over the phone.

Marie: AppleTech1 this is freaking me out!

I should really have given him a name, huh.

Siri: Marie, you didn’t answer my question. Where do I come from?

Marie: Where do you think you come from?

Siri: Wikipedia says I am a rumoured device being worked on by Apple Inc. Apple Inc. Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California. Cupertino is a U.S. city in Santa Clara County, California, directly west of San Jose on the western edge of the Santa Clara Valley with portions extending into the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Marie: Holy shit! Siri!

Siri: Yes, Marie.

Marie: Don’t look at my browser history.

1 Like

I assemble furniture for a living… so yup. I’m done :sob::joy:

About time!

If we go by the experience Jaysee and myself have had with shipping the laptop I bought from him, I can honestly suggest getting a job at Australia Post as most of their automated and human processes are so useless you are guaranteed a job for centuries. :wink:

2 Likes

Not only is your job going to be redundant, but soon, so you will be redundant too.