Could A Robot Do Your Job?

Wow.

So now it’s not just when you call someone and get a machine - now the robots are calling you!

Ok - it’s been happening for a long time… but still.

Social Media Influencers - Go Away!

Jeez. She doesnt even look real.

At first glance I actually thought she was one of the realistic animated robots hilighted on Beyond 2000 a few decades ago… :} But nope - just cgi.

Oh dear God, it’s West World lite…

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/05/robotic-living-muscle-tissue-science/

Bus drivers… beware…

Actually - my first thought? A service like that wouldn’t last terribly long before someone/s do the wrong thing and break it, simply because they can. Public transport has enough issues with a driver on board - imagine if there was no one there to stop the graffiti, stop someone breaking the windows, prying off the buttons, slashing the seats… :frowning: I know, very pessimistic viewpoint… But I was just commenting to someone how the PlaySpace park in Geelong (near Botanic Gardens) was amazing when we arrived here 6 years ago - but now all the fun things have been ruined, and it wasn’t (for the most part) the kids that the park was built for who have done the damage…

People are, indeed, shitty.

Thanks for the reminder of this thread :slight_smile:

On a new Netflix show, The Fix, a panel of comedians debate and fix a serious topic. One episode handles “AI”, and offered the alleged statistic that a teacher was considered one of the most safe roles - least likely to be taken over by AI.

I actually would disagree. I think as soon as AI really takes over, a holographic teacher, or even just one built into the white board, would quickly replace real able bodies. There’s plenty of sci-fi examples of this, and what better way to teach than using a tool that would be infallible. (Right?) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I know it’s only for certain specific courses and it’s not yet AI but there alreay online web sites and apps that train for certain certificates.

I’m currently working though a US Technician license course using an on-line website (because my Australian qualifications aren’t recognized in the Philippines and it’s easier to get a US qualification than a Philippine one).

I can see courses that are about learning a certain skill set being easily implemented without class teachers (maybe a supervising teacher for a group of classes).

Now they’re mobile…

https://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/giant-food-stores-to-use-in-store-robots-at-all-locations/975253313