Deals and discounts - media and apps

There has been way too many kids films and just generally bad films. I’m dying for Sicario to get the discount treatment, man I loved that film. This week has been Three Stooges (2012), First Daughter (2004), Noah (2014) and Unfinished Business (2015), an average out to 36% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Watch it, then read the book. And keep away from any spoilers just in case.

Have a look at this app for notifications of discounted music, movies, tv, audiobooks, books and apps. Alternatively, use their website: http://lollipapp.com/CheapCharts/website/index.php?mediaType=Movies&genre=All&trackType=Buy&chartType=Sale

1 Like

Shouldn’t everyone just not talk about it or something?

1 Like

Today, Friday 2/09

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003)

Director: Peter Weir / Cast: Russell Crowe, Paul Bettany

Nominated for 10 Oscars, won Best Cinematography, Best Sound Editing

$4.99 to buy / IMDb 7.4 / Rotten Tomatoes 85%

Today, Saturday 3/09
Braveheart (1995)

Director: Mel Gibson / Cast: Mel Gibson, Sophie Marceau
Nominated for 10 Oscars, won Best Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Makeup, Best Sound Editing
$4.99 to buy / IMDb 8.4 / Rotten Tomatoes 78%

1 Like

Today, Tuesday 6/09
There’s Something About Mary (1998)
Cast: Cameron Diaz, Ben Stiller, Matt Dillon

$4.99 to buy / IMDb 7.1 / Rotten Tomatoes 83%

Hey Kerr, thanks for this update, I don’t buy everything that’s on special, but appreciate you taking the time to let us know,

Agree thanks for the effort in letting us know.

I wish there were some great films discounted, but that’s asking a lot. But I’m happy to have picked up some decent films for $3 - $5 such as Aliens, The Departed, Die Hard, Fight Club, Gladiator, Idiocracy, Kingsman, Office Space. Combined with 20-25% on iTunes cards and it’s very cheap.

Today, Saturday Sep 9, 2016 - Wild (2014)
Cast: Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern
Director: Jean-Marc Vallée (Dallas Buyers Club)

Oscar Nominations for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress
$9.99 to buy / IMDb 7.1 / Rotten Tomatoes 90%
Doesn’t mention what price was pre-sale, probably find out after discount period.
Interestingly, is not available for rent until Dec 17.

I bought Gremlins for $5 last night :smiley:

2 Likes

MODS, any chance of changing subject to just “Deals and discounts”?

Perhaps this could be a repository for app discounts also.

I bought The Silent Age for macOS this week, discounted 75%.

Today, Tuesday Sep 13, 2016 - Aliens (1986)
Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Lance Henriksen, Bill Paxton, Paul Reiser
Director: James Cameron
$4.99 to buy / IMDb 8.4 / Rotten Tomatoes 98%

HOWEVER, please note that this is NOT the Special Edition that includes over 4 hours of bonus content. That was discounted on April 27 this year.

TODAY ONLY. AND US ONLY. :rage:

Titles from Warner Brothers, Universal, Paramount, Lionsgate, and Sony Pictures are available to U.S. customers for $9.99.

It’s beyond annoying how often those deals come up only for us to find out its USA only. :rage:

1 Like

Heh, that is why my Apple TV is set to the US store and I get my American SiL to gift me on her credit card.

1 Like

FYI, here are the $10 bundles that were available in the US store:

Sony:
The Monuments Men / Captain Philips / To Rome With Love / Moneyball / The Social Network / Easy A / Julie & Julia / Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist / The Pursuit of Happiness / The Da Vinci Code

Warner Brothers:
The Judge / Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow / Pacific Rim / Magic Mike / Contagion / The Town / The Hangover / Sex and the City: The Movie / 300 / Superman Returns

Universal:
Ride Along / Identity Thief (Unrated) / Rush / Snow White & the Huntsman (Extended) / The Adjustment Bureau / Little Fockers / It’s Complicated / Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Unrated) / Knocked Up (Unrated) /Inside Man

Paramount:
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot / Selma / The Wolf of Wall Street / Flight / No Strings Attached / The Fighter / Up In the Air /
Tropic Thunder (Director’s Cut) / The Curious Case of Benjamin Button / Zodiac

Lionsgate 1:
Divergent / Now You See Me / Warm Bodies / The Perks of Being a Wall Flower / Margin Call / Warrior / The Switch / Kick-Ass / Twilight (Extended) / No Country for Old Men

Lionsgate 2:
Ender’s Game / Mud / The Impossible / Arbitrage / The Cabin In the Woods / The Hunger Games / The Expendables / The Cove / Gone Baby Gone / The Queen

Today, Friday Sep 16, 2016 - The Simpsons Movie (2007)

$4.99 to buy / IMDb 7.4 / Rotten Tomatoes 88%

Bugger. Missed it. I’ll buy it for $11 though.