Decent laptop bags?

Hi there

I’m looking for decent laptop bags for our company. Don’t mind paying a fair price for them if they are going to last. Ultimately we need something that looks professional, offers very good shoulder padding/support because the consultants travel a fair amount. The shoulder support is fairly important as I’d like to know the guys aren’t going to suffer back problems if they are doing regular travel and most of the backpacks I’ve seen seem to offer really crappy support and thin padding. Ideally a backpack convertible into a shoulder bag would be a good option as it would give them the flexibility of backpack for travel and shoulder for local.

Any ideas?

I always like the Tom Bihn bags.They are not cheap and shipping is a bit expensive but the quality is excellent.

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/briefcases-and-messenger-bags/products/pilot?variant=16396811527

I’m a big fan of the Crumpler Dry Red No 5.

1 Like

I use a Thule Backpack with an end opening Incase sleeve as added protection for my 13 inch MBP.
I got the blue one, coz like, every dude’s got a black one, and it’s time I was more fashion conscious too.
Good quality. Straps are 70mm wide at the shoulder. the pack is padded against your back too. So many compartments that I sometimes think I’ve lost something, but it invariably turns up on the third search…

I have an older one of these:

It’s performed well.

Al

This is what we decided in the end. Really nice leather bags hand made by some guys who make mac accessories

http://media.padandquill.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/685x480/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/a/galloper-black-leather-roll-top.jpg

I like Pad and Quill but they’re pricey and my god they look heavy.

1 Like

With a 15" Macbook Pro and iPad pro 12", I don’t think the bag weight will be the problem :stuck_out_tongue:

I just checked. Those backpacks aren’t too bad but their Attaché messenger bags are 2.5kg before you put anything in them. That’s some serious knots in the neck, back and shoulders.

Also. For historical purposes when people read this in a bajillion years time: They’re designed for photographers but work well as their namesake suggest, I’m a big fan of Peak Design’s Everyday Messenger (their backpack Kickstarter looks good too). www.peakdesign.com

I actually like the Peak Design stuff. It’s pretty good. I may consider one of their backpacks for photography in future. I considered this but the combination of delivery time (and know Kickstarter delivery dates being extremely unreliable) meant it was not practical but I may look at one for photography.