Friday Morning News

Leading up to the launch of the iPhone 6, there was endless speculation about whether the device would have a sapphire display. Some analysts thought it would, others weren’t so sure. Now that we know, definitively, that the iPhone 6 does not come with a sapphire display, there’s just one question left to answer: why? The problem, as reported by…

Originally published at: http://appletalk.com.au/2014/09/friday-morning-news120914/

I did wonder though if we did get a sapphire display if it’d have the same oleophobic coating on top of it like the existing ones. What good is tough glass if the coating scratches to buggery?

The whole U2 thing has me both perplexed and amused. Why the ageing rockers were there in the first place is beyond me. Apple’s image is one of youthfulness and innovation and U2 hasn’t been either of those things for a long time now. The whole thing was uncomfortable to watch. But for people to be genuinely outraged that they scored a free album makes me laugh. I’m convinced social media exists so people can be outraged about the stupidest of things.

I thought the entire point of the sapphire display was that it was one of the hardest substances known to man and not prone to scratching? Unless you mean oleophobic in terms of oil-resistance…