GPS Navigation

My eyesight isn’t great so I want something that has good contrast - I sometimes find the roads harder to see with Google Maps but generally it’s my ‘go to’ GPS app. I love the public transport integration but wish I could tell it to let me know when my bus stop is approaching.

I will check out WAZE and TomTom - haven’t seen a TomTom since … well an actual hardware TomTom!

good thread, thanks Kyte for asking, it’s generated some great discussion.

Check out Navmii as well, its free unless you want the addons. Ad removal is $2.99 from recollection. I dont think any of them are very contrasty anymore. Even Sygic has gone pastel.

1 Like

I am using Sygic on my Galaxy S7, and it is exceptional in feature and ease of use. Especially the user interface with dark color combination helps me to take a quick view while driving also.

I bought Navigon a long time ago when it was discounted to $45 as I had a tiny data plan at the time. I started using Apple Maps but found that it is not updated often enough to reflect changing roads, so have been using google maps. One thing that annoyed me with the old Sat Nav devices and Navigon is the address entry. Putting the town first is not intuitive especially if you have a place of interest but not the actual area. The app way of entering places, especially businesses is much better.
Having a decent amount of data on my plan helps with data anxiety so using them is no longer such a problem.
I’ve just downloaded Waze so I’ll see how I get on with that.

Been using Waze for the past week, liking it so far. One issue though, I realise that once you accidentally drive past the destination (twice! LOL), it will not re-route and navigation ends there. Anyone encounter the same problem?