How much longer does the Mac have?

Whenever I see Linux window servers I think of BeOS nostalgically. What could have been… :man_shrugging:

I loved BeOS. Pity it died. Are they still playing with Haiku? I havent checked for years.

It’s so easy for me to ignore the window differences as long as the buttons are the same, in the right place.

I still haven’t figured out how to add global menus to Cinnamon, but you can add them to KDE Plasma and some other desktop environments. But I like the look of Cinnamon.

Shit, the last time this conversation happened, Amelio was CEO and Apple shares hit $12. I didn’t invest back then and have regretted it ever since. I won’t make the same mistake twice!

1 Like

And what exactly would the hundreds of thousands of Apple employees out there switch to exactly?

2 Likes

But this time, theres no Steve Jobs to rescue them.

I’m not worried about the Mac. I was, and I think there have been some dumb decisions of late, but I don’t think as a platform it’s going away anytime soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They don’t need rescuing.

2 Likes

We shall see, shan’t we. When a friend of mine, a died in the wool (though late bloomer) fanboi starts saying positive things about HP… I start wondering…

Same, my son has a Spectre x360. What the MBA should be.

In a financial sense that is true but in some other ways it is not, you only have to look at the backlash against the god awful keyboard (poor user experience and reliability issues) on the new MacBook Pros to see that

:slight_smile:

Ok, maybe the Mac is safe.

Aside from the level of Return on Investment, there is the consideration of what the loss of the Mac would mean in terms of the company’s image. Hey investors, we’re scrapping the Mac, and buying a heap of Windows boxes for our staff… Ahuh! :smile:

I just still do feel though that the “interest” in the Mac within Apple must be low. When your revenue streams are skewed toward handheld products and apps, that’s where you presumably would be investing the majority of your time/resources.