Iinet free monthly quota increase (to 1TB)

Anyone else receive an email from iinet today announcing an increase in monthly quota (at no cost).

Mine has gone from 300GB to 1000GB…

Wonder if this is going to translate over to Internode. Here’s hoping as I just went from their 100GB plan to 300GB an extra 700GB would be nice

Netflix for daysss.

Nope. :frowning:

What plan are you on? I’m on ADSL+ Home 2, and have been for years.

Yup. Migrated to the 1TB plan about 3 months ago when I called up to downgrade from the 600 GB → 300 GB plan without paying the admin fee. Basically you pay extra for included VoIP calls now (if that’s your thing.)

I’ve noticed I seem to no longer get Freezone content, but it doesn’t really matter at 1TB.

I’m on their baseline naked DSL plan FWIW.

I’m always interested with the hit and miss some companies manage when it comes to offering upgrades to customers on old plans. My brother (very non techy) is with TPG and was on an old 1.5MBit ADSL 1 plan with 10GB peak (+40GB Off which is useless to him)… kept getting speed capped going over his limit… was about to move to another provider when he rang TPG to see what they could offer… turns out for less money he moved to a 100GB/100GB plan and had ADSL 2+ turned on and now gets 4.5MBit. He’s over the moon that his Netflix now actually runs without buffering! (How he survived before baffles me!).

I get some people might want to hold onto grandfathered plans, but I’m sure most just didn’t realise there were better offerings. Surely the cost of emailing all your customers offering an upgrade (or upgrading them for free if it’s viable) builds lots of trust, especially if it’s coupled with non extra contract period (ie make people WANT to stay).

I am in naked home 1. I don’t often go over the 300Gb limit.

I’d rather a speed bump for uploads, as remote connections — both for copying files and screen sharing — are a little painful.

Limitation of the technology, not the provider :frowning:

I wonder if anybody told Turnbull that…

Lets not go there.

1 Like

My business looks after mine and my business partner’s Internode accounts. Until a week or so ago he was on an Easy Broadband ADSL2+ 250GB plan, which uses Internode’s infrastructure, and he got spontaneously bumped to 1TB. I’m on the Easy Reach ADSL2+ 200GB Plan, which uses Telstra’s network and I did not get an increase. These two things may be related.

I am on Tesltra infrasrtucture.

My concern is that service levels might change (reduce) following the TPG acquisition. I am hopign some issues I had in the past couple montsh are not indications of what might be coming…

That’s interesting. I wonder how they determine who’s getting the free upgrades then. Maybe by time as a customer?

Mine was doubled from 100GB to 200GB… Naked $59.95/month…

Odd to me, as I always thought companies wanted to push you off old plans onto new ones…

Is that the base level plan? That ones different because it’s only available on a 24 month contract from memory. The other naked plans are all now 1TB, and you pay extra if you want national/international node phone plans included.

iiNets current naked plans have been on their website for about 3 months now. I called up back in September because I wanted to downgrade from 600GB to 300GB and didn’t want to pay the downgrade fee (sometimes they’ll waive it if you ask nicely) and all their plans had already been updated to 1TB. You can change via Toolbox or give them a call.

I’ve been a customer for 12yrs and no offer. Maybe it’s just naked plans…

Business partner is not on a naked plan. Maybe it’s by lottery?

1TB = $79.95/month… I’m only paying $59.95 month, and was getting 100GB… now 200GB… I’m happy… typically only use about 80GB/month. Of course, that’s a bigg difference for $20.

Their lowest plan (the one that I’m on is) $69.99 a month. Before the change it was 300GB, and the other advantage is there’s no contract period.

Before signing up to BackBlaze and iCloud Photos I could’ve gotten away with 50GB-100GB a month, but it probably would’ve been the difference between having to monitor my quota and forgetting about it entirely.

I just had a look, it looks like your plan’s been grandfathered altogether.

http://www.iinet.net.au/internet/broadband/naked-dsl/

I have considered online back-up for a while. With the data limit increased to 1TB, it is now a viable option.