iOS 10 Public Beta info/bug thread

iOS 10 Public Beta is out, has anyone been brave enough to install as yet? Anyone found any horrible bugs?

Biggest concerns for me are:

Pokemon Go
Polarr Photo Editing Tools (particularly the photos extension)

2 Likes

Not myself, though I do like that Pokemon Go is one of your concerns haha its so good

Noticeably laggy on iPhone 5. Not as bad as bad as iOS 7 into iPhone 4 or ios9 on iPhone 4S, but laggy still the same.

Autocorrect and predictive text seems much worse. I even type the correctly spelt word and if changes it to another word. Iā€™ve never had an iphone do that before. Keeps changing as to Aā€™s for example. Bloody annoying.

All animation effects are choppy on iPhone 5.

Not a fan of touch home to unlock. I miss swipe.

Battery life very poor at the moment, buy thatā€™s expected of an early beta.

I found I lost all my settings from ios 9, such as keyboard clicks off. Email passwords all needed reentry as well.

iMessage is nice. Not sure what in supposed to do with the ability to draw and send heart beats. Bit gimmicky to me.

1 Like

I heard Bluetooth audio is buggy and quiet. Might wait for a few betas time. More looking forward to 9.3.3 which is now up to beta 5 (!) fixing my battery meter woes.

From what Iā€™m seeing on Twitter, iMessage looks just horrifying. Iā€™m not a 15 year old girl.

I put the iOS 10 public beta on my one and only iPhone 6 because I donā€™t rely on my phone for day to day productivity, itā€™s more of a portable Twitter machine than anything.

Bluetooth audio has been fine so far but weā€™ll give it a through test today and see whatā€™s what.

They made the built-in Music app even less about your own music, which I didnā€™t think was possible even with Apple Music Connect restricted away.

Not sure if I like the change that forces you to press the home button to unlock, as someone who was a fan of Touch ID unlocking ā€” thereā€™s an option in settings for ā€œrest to unlockā€ but Twitter says it doesnā€™t work yet. The reason this irks me is because Iā€™m already pressing the home button to wake up the device ā€” before iOS 10 pressing the home button would wake up + unlock, now I have to press it again to get to the home screen.

For the first time, Iā€™m feeling as if not having 3D Touch is detrimental to my iOS experience. Perhaps thatā€™s a result of all the 3D Touch shortcuts that are now within apps/on the home screen that werenā€™t there before iOS 10, but yeah, itching to upgrade now.

Havenā€™t come across any show-stopping bugs or frequent crashes.

1 Like

Assuming ā€˜raise to wakeā€™ works as well as Apple says it will, this shouldnā€™t be too big of an issue, hopefully.

Well that doesnā€™t work yet, so add that to the list.

Iā€™m probably wrong but I thought I read somewhere that raise to wake was going to require iPhone 6s and above

No, youā€™re right, raise to wake will require iPhone 6S or SE.

Damn, new iPhone canā€™t come fast enough!

With every iOS beta that I can remember, Iā€™ve had this weird issue where the first few seconds of any music wonā€™t be normalised, even if the ā€œSound Checkā€ option is turned on in Settings. Dunno if itā€™s something to do with all of the settings that I have (Iā€™m loathe to reset all settings as otherwise Iā€™ll lose my numeric signal strength and thereā€™s no way to get it back again AFAIK), but itā€™s annoying.

Also, they changed so much about Music Iā€™m having to re-learn a whole bunch of stuff. It looks as though they reworked ā€œup nextā€ ā€” while you can still play something next, you canā€™t add something to your ā€œup nextā€ queue (yes, thereā€™s a difference ā€” playing something ā€œnextā€ plays it immediately after the current track and before you have queued up anything in your Up Next queue, while adding something queues it up after whatever youā€™ve got playing next).

Can someone install the Olympus Image Share app and tell me if the location tracking works? You know if it does.

OLYMPUS Image Share by Olympus Corporation

GPS logging in this Olympus app still seems to work, by the way.

1 Like

Cheers. Thinking of just updating my iPad for a bit and running things on there for a while. Itā€™s not my primary device.

With the new TouchID to wake feature (or whatever itā€™s called) is this only on the 6S? Or on all models with TouchID?

Itā€™s ā€œRaise to Wakeā€ and that is 6S and SE only.

As for bugs, AirPlay audio is broken for me. I just get static pops when streaming from an iPad to speakers connected to an AirPort Extreme.

Installed the beta on my iPad Pro yesterday and itā€™s just wonderful! Everything feels much snappier overall, and I have encountered hardly any bugs. Tossing up whether to pop it on my iPhone 6S or if itā€™s a bad idea.

Iā€™ve got a developer account. Running it on my 6, but toying whether I pop it on my 6S which is my actual phone. So many features missing without 3D touch!
Gonna back up my phone and give it a shot this arvo. Will report back tomorrow.

1 Like

Are we about due for another beta?

1 Like

Public Beta 3 came out last night.