iOS 10 Public Beta info/bug thread

Public Beta 3 came out last night.

I’ve installed iOS10 beta 2 on my iPhone 6 Plus - I really like the Magnifier app (under General → Accessibility) really helps with reading things that are hard to see. Though I tried to take a screen shot of the Magnifier to show someone and it keeps going to the Shutdown screen. Weird.

Beta 6 out today. How are people finding it… Not far now to GM probably.

Still a pig with Carplay.

Installed Beta 6/7 on my Ipad Air 2. Mostly running pretty well so far, though I’m holding off on my phone for now. I can’t remember; is the GM downloadeabl as part of the public betas when it’s released, or do you need to get hold of it some other way if you aren’t a Dev?

I have it on my iPhone 5 and thought it performs suprisngly well, though the last beta was better than the latest. Maybe its the new animations or something, or the fact that eye candy distracts me from lag (e.g. iOS 7 on the iPhone 4), but I like it.

On my Mini 2 its horrible though. The A7 iPads have never run well (in terms of animation) and its just continually gotten worse. It took 4 updates (iOS 5,6,7,8) for my iPad 2 to get noticeably jittery, but on purchase my (iOS 8 preloaded) Mini 2 was already exhibiting super annoying jitter and lag.

This is annoying AF and I hope it gets fixed in iOS 10. I had to do a settings reset on my phone today, and in the past that’s caused me to lose the pairing to my Watch. So I unpaired and backed up, did my reset, restored and now I have two Watch entires for sources in Health.

Links to the various GM’s if you can’t get them some other way: https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/comments/51n1o2/official_apple_ios_1001_beta_1_ipsw_links/d7de8n2

3 Likes

Ah thanks! I just spent the last 10 minutes confusedly browsing the public beta site wondering why the download profile button was missing. I expect the public beta must have expired for new enrolments given the GM is out? Ah well, these links are very helpful anyway given my phone is registered on a dev account :wink:

Tried installing from the link on the iPad Pro and got an unknown error 14. Not sure if it relates to the download files but restoring back to 9 and will try again after that. Does the install require a beta version of iTunes?

Error 14 here also. It seems that a developer profile (not Public Beta profile) is required to install it.

Guess I’ll restore back to 9.3.5 and wait impatiently until next week then.

Saw a note that says you need Xcode to install these. Not sure if that will help but I’m downloading it so I’ll see if it works and let you know

1 Like

Seems to have got much further with Xcode installed so it looks like it’s working. Download Xcode Gold Master. You can get it from Apple.

Just confirming it works with Xcode installed. My iPad Pro has been upgraded and it’s installing the back up now

Just needed to have Xcode 8 - no dev profile or UDID registration required?

correct. its a 4GB download but its working perfectly now. My iPad Pro is now up and running

1 Like

Yep works a treat with Xcode installed.

Just updated my iPad after installing XCode 8 - cheers to you and @MissionMan for the tip

It’s on the public beta now anyway

Ah whoops. yes I already had xcode 8 beta installed, so never had the error 14 issue. I would assume we’ll be getting a new version of itunes any time now in preparation for ios10 (though, most people will probably update OTA).