iOS 10 - The New Shiny

Cheap (noisy) chargers often do this. They scrimp on a few cents worth of filtering components and render your device unusable when plugged in.

Possibly, its part of a bedside clock. However, the 5S is fine and works perfectly when plugged in and on iOS9.3.5. Its been in use for months. Anyway, all downgraded now (not the 6S, I’m still mizzling about that) but the 5S and ipad Air2 are back to 9.3.5 and no regrets.

The6S on iOS10 works fine when plugged into the same outlet. shrug

Boo hiss. I’m still getting the “PDF doc goes black” issue that started for me in iOS9. If I’m reading a PDF in safari that I’ve just downloaded once in a while I’ll scroll down and then every page turns black - have to reload it to make it work again. Same thing happens in dropbox app and ibooks so it’s an OS issue rather than a specific app issue. :frowning:

After months of running iOS 10 public betas on the iPhone 5 (oldest supported hardware) I find the final release on my SE less stable. I have two main issues, one is that sometimes when I go to unlock the phone, it goes to the battery dead black screen and cog and then goes back to the passcode screen, and also when I open camera, it sometimes won’t let me use the camera, I jut get a blurred or black screen and I have to either switch between camera and video, or quit the ap and close it for it to work.

I get the same. Was getting it with my 6s+ on iOS 10 and same with 7+ now.

Same, kinda. On iOS 10 betas and full release my iPhone 6 had an issue where camera would be black after opening from lock screen, but locking and unlocking would make it work.

Haven’t had the issue so far on iPhone 7.

I’m finding my iPhone 6 Plus is feeling more and more kludgy under iOS 10. To be fair, most of the time it works just fine, but then occasionally things seem to stall while loading or animations aren’t smooth. Sometimes things just fail to open at all (yes the camera from lock screen is most common) but other things looks frozen for what seems like way too long.

Maybe it’s time for a full fresh restore rather than the upgrades I have done.

I’ve been thinking exactly the same thing, might be time for a clean install. I don’t much like the thought of losing my accumulated Health data though. Everything else I couldn’t give a toss about or is able to be backed up otherwise.

1 Like

I’ve been running IOS10 on on my 5S since it came out, no real issues for me except I can’t get used to push to unlock. Given what happened to my 4 and 4S with the home button issue I’m not keen to give the home button the extra issue and plus the swipe action was put there in the first place because its a natural reaction anyhow.

Given what happens when you have issues with the fingerprint scanner on current iPhones where it can brick your entire phone if it breaks and you have to replace it. I don’t particularly feel like giving Apple whatever it is to replace my handset if it does either.

I feel exactly the same way, I keep meaning to work out if there is some other way to sync/backup health data separately.

I was doing some research on this last night. There’s a couple of different ways that I’m going to try. I’ll be the guinea pig and let you know the outcome in the next day or two.

I found Health Data Importer by Lionheart Software LLC which imports the XML file that Health.app itself exports.

Unfortunately I have experienced some issues - app crashes during importing of my Watch health data, and experiences an error when importing my iPhone health data. Imported the data from Sleep++ and MyFitnessPal without problem however. Those have much smaller datasets, too.

edit I’m in contact with the developer and have provided some further information to assist with debugging.

just installed on my ipad 3. seems to be taking forever to backup.

One of the issues I had the other day is trying to change the brightness setting, it seemed to want to swipe between panels rather than letting me change brightness… for a long while. Maybe I was still half asleep?? hasn’t happened since.

Yeah I get that too - you have to make sure you hit the little button thingy very precisely, it’s a little annoying.

I’ve had lots of problems with GBoard in iOS 10. Could be the app, could be the keyboard integrations have changed. Certainly when I use the swipe to type function the swiping seems to cut out partway through what I’m spelling. So I end up with 3 or 4 words when I’m only trying to type one. I’ve gone back to Word Flow for now, but I do prefer GBoard so hopefully it’s fixed soon.

I like it. I like it a lot.
What I miss: the swipe to unlock gesture.

This of course is only missed if you do not have a Touch ID capable device. Damn you Apple! must I give up my iPad 4 with a cracked screen?

You sure you have an iPad 3 - iOS 10 runs on the 4 and above.

Yeah its a 4. Just checked.

Besides backing up for a long time - how does it run? iOS 10 is quite good on the iPhone 5, but as always, the iPad seems less optimised.