iOS 11 is out

Notifications here are on a white background…

I went through and deleted all those recently so it can’t be that. I’ve gone through my camera roll hoping for a rouge screen shot (which happens from time to time) but no joy there either.

Good idea. Just took a screenshot as I’m about to start the update!

I worked it out!

It’s the videos app which is gone and looks like it’s been rolled into TV, although at first glance it’s very different and a little confusing. I’ll have to play with it more.

1 Like

What’s with the TV app?

What’s it actually for? None of my iTunes TV series come up in it…

edit

Never mind… they are showing now.

It was probably my slow internet connection delaying things.

There is a thread over here for that app:

But from what I gather your purchases should be showing. I have two movies which were purchased through iTunes (freebies at some point in time) and they both show along side the two movies I have manually loaded myself.

Just installed on my 5s. I’ve got a medium size font and on the unlock screen the date display doesn’t fit.

Kevin

1 Like

That’s the one gesture I’ve only ever triggered accidentally.

I’ve had it visible on my TV since last night. as of today, still nothing. I thought it was supposed to pull from Local TV, I have all the catchup apps on board, and I have bought one TV series. Nothing is showing. Giving me the irrits. I’ve even rebooted but nothing.

My experience is that its barely worth it on iPhones and it introduces some stupid behaviour for control centre with the Wifi and Bluetooth controls.

For only the second time ever I’m not updating at least for the short term, as the performance and battery life degradation isn’t worth it on my iPhone. On my iPad, I can’t deal with jittering on the lovely 120hz screen.

1 Like

I agree with Oldmacs. So far, no obvious improvements and a few issues for me. :confused:

I was really looking forward to the iCloud messages storage but that was bumped for now to a later release.

Edit: Yes, I should clarify I meant just on iPhone. I don’t have an iPad anymore.

Don’t get me wrong, the iOS 11 improvements for the iPad are great (though split screen apps are difficult to setup) but yeah on the iPhone besides some design backwards steps, there isn’t much there.

1 Like

It’s going surprisingly OK on my iPhone 6. No slower anecdotally than ios10 has been in the last few months, and possibly a bit faster.

I also did my watch and updated that to OS 4, which took forever to download in comparison to iOS 11, and then made the watch super slow for a while after installation. Seems to have worked itself out now though.

So far so good. The main benefits of iOS 11 are on the iPad for me. Once I worked out how to use the split screen view again, and with the better file management, I’ll be able to use it as my main computer for short trips without having to take my laptop.

Keen to hear your thoughts on this in a few days. I’m holding off upgrading my Series 0 for now. Battery has been getting noticeably worse over last few weeks… :angry: I wonder if I can pay to get it replaced…

I’ll let you know. Mine is a series 2 though.

1 Like

My series 1 is pretty snappy. No real issues. Phone (6S) is OK as well, havent got round to updating the ipads yet.

Cheers. Series 0 has a slower processor than Series 1 though… :crossed_fingers:

I didn’t even know it was a gesture.

I’m running watchOS 4 on my Series 0 and it’s great. No discernible difference between the previous OS version.

4 Likes