iPad automatically downloading iPhone only app purchases?

This was an issue in an earlier version of iOS (I’m going to say iOS 7) but was eventually fixed (I’m going to say in iOS 8) but seems to be back.

I have all my devices to automatically download apps purchased on other devices, what happens is if it’s an iPhone only app it still gets downloaded to my iPad. Anyone else seeing this? Is there a hidden setting somewhere that I’m missing?

Is there such a thing as iPhone only? I thought everything from an iPhone worked on an iPad and it was only “iPad Only” things which didn’t work on an iPad??

iPhone apps giving you the 2x option on the iPad?

2x on iPad is a sloppy, ugly, lazy and stupid hack. Apple should stop the iPad from doing that and no one should ever use them. I refer to those as “iPhone only”.

In iOS 9 those apps wouldn’t get automatically installed on an iPad unless specifically purchased on an iPad. This behaviour has now changed. In earlier versions of iOS they did, but this changed in either iOS 8 or 9 (I can’t remember which).

Ahhhh I see. And yes, 2x is a poor solution for anything ever.

I’ve never used the “auto install” option on any of my devices since we share a common AppleID between the wife and I so have never used it (except by accident).

Yeah. I keep meaning to find the setting which tells the store not to autodownload (like every time I have to have a delete session)