iPad Wall/Fridge Mounts

So I’m looking for a new mounting solution for my iPad. Right now it’s an iPad 3, although that might get an upgrade eventually.

This iPad lives on the Fridge, but it also gets used for OSMO:
https://www.playosmo.com/en/
(PS: If you have kids, get OSMO, it’s awesome).

So I’m looking for a mount that either sticks on the back leaving the iPad mostly case-less like the quad lock universal mount:

Or maybe a case as long as it’s easy enough to remove and the Studio Proper looks like it might fit that bill:

The POS Lock looks like it should also work if it works with the stock mounting point…

One of the other key points is that the mounting part needs mount with adhesive (or super strong magnets) since I want to put it into the fridge and I can’t screw into that.

So… anyone used any of these or have any other alternatives?

I have a Studio Proper case on my iPhone 6 (and iPhone 4S before that). I like the mounting system, and the case is very good (much better than the 4S case).

They have magents in the case, which is how they attach to the mounts. I am not aware of a mount that itself atches magnetically to a surface…

The iPad mount uses a mechanical mount rather than magnets due to weight, but good to hear it sounds like a decent option.

1 Like

I have a woodford design FridgePad 2

Im using it with an iPad 3. I believe it will also take an air. The magnets are really strong and it works on the slightly curved door of my fridge.

The springs that hold the iPad in place are also strong. This may be an advantage or disadvantage, depending apon how often you want to remove the iPad from the frame

I had the Fridgepad 1 and while it worked brilliantly the adhesive that was holding the magnet to the plastic mount failed and the iPad did a swan dive onto the tile floor. It’s a little dented but still works just fine. After that I reverted to 3M velcro which has worked just fine for the last year until yesterday when it re-enacted that fateful dive.
In this instance I’m going to say that the issue was not with the 3M stuff but with my Wife not actually pushing it down properly onto the velcro stuff, which is a little fiddly and does take a little force to get on there properly.

The FridgePad 2 does look like an improvement on the older model… so maybe I just order one of those. Conveniently I still have a discount code they nicely provided by Woodford Designs (a year ago when I sent them some photo’s showing how it failed) which still works.

Wanted to add that I use the Studio Proper bike mount.

Have not the phone come off once (as yet). I have dropped the phone, and the case itself has done what it needed to…

I’ve confirmed the Studio Proper POS belt thing works with the stock mounting disk, so that’s a pretty attractive option too, but ultimately the FridgePad is costing me a shade under AU$27 delivered thanks to my discount code :smiley:

Worth a punt for that cheap really AND it’s compatible with all models so if/when I upgrade the iPad it will still work AND it doesn’t require anything stuck to the iPad so there is nothing to get in the way when using it off the fridge.

If it sucks, well then I’ll probably get the POS mount and give that a bash.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

I have a couple of Belkin fridge mounts which I used with my iPad2 as a media controller stuck to the wall. They’re great and another option if you change your mind down the road. I now have an Air and because its smaller than the iPad2 its no longer compatible.
http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F5L098/

I can also vouch for Quadlocks, I use them with my iPhone6+.
I have the bicycle mount and the car mount and they work fantastic.