iPhone 12 Preorder thread 2020

Had my finger hovering over the ‘buy’ button, then decided to go ‘Max’. Wait till 7 Nov.

Ordered a Blue 12 Pro through Optus. Arrived on launch day (yesterday - 23rd). Interesting part I wasn’t expecting it to be heavier than my previous phone (8 Plus). But enjoying having a smaller phone in hand while still getting a larger screen.

I was thinking of going the 12 Pro Max in blue but I’m now thinking the graphite looks nicer.

I had a look at the demos at my local Vodafone store. The gold one is awful. Looks really trashy and cheap :face_vomiting:

I’m going to go 12 Pro Max in Blue.

I totally understand the whole never have to worry about storage at all thing but isn’t that the whole point of cloud storage?

I went from 128Gb to 256Gb because my iPhone 8+ was running out of storage but then during the life of my iPhone Xr I started using the cloud more and ended up not needing all that storage so I’ve gone back to 128Gb with my iPhone 12 order.

I buy my music, I buy my TV shows and movies. I still watch some streaming but if I like something enough, I buy it.

So with that being said, I don’t want to have to think about how much of my music I can keep downloaded and how much I should stream. Not to mention streaming is going to suck up your battery much faster than if it was locally stored.

I don’t have all of my movies and TV shows downloaded, but I just don’t want to think about how much storage I have left. If I want to download a full series, I can and I don’t have to think about how much storage will be left. I always have storage left.

1 Like

My iPhone 12 Blue was delivered with the Vodafone SIM included today (which is great, see pic below) but Vodafone are saying I haven’t uploaded the ID from the link they sent me which I have and I got the green tick after that.

So… still stuck on hold while they try to sort out what’s happened (no activation or port) :frowning:

They’re saying that the ID was sent when the link had already expired so they’re going to send me a new link and I have to resubmit the ID for the credit check (but I already have the phone… very odd).

edit Vodafone sent me a new link to upload my ID (because I can’t visit a shop in Melbourne because the lockdown isn’t quite over yet. It must have worked because my SIM is now active and working (115MBps down compared to the 50MBps down with Optus so that’s a bonus - both on 4G). Still waiting for the number port to happen though.

edit 2 The port finally went through so I can use my new iPhone 12 now but I am still waiting for the USB-C charging brick, Mag safe charger and Mag safe blue case from Apple.

edit 3 The Magsafe blue case arrived today but not the charging brick or the mag safe charger.

edit 4 The USB charging brick arrived today (and the Beats headphones yesterday), still no magsafe charger.

An interesting observation this year:

In previous years, when you order the iPhone and accessories, the accessories arrive first.

This year, the iPhone 12 arrived first, delivered by DHL.

The accessories, the charger and case, ordered at the same time, are still on their way, to be delivered by Aussie Post.

AusPost is definitely struggling to meet demand during COVID.

1 Like

This year I still haven’t even gotten tracking for my iPhone. Hasn’t even been allocated for posting yet.

1 Like

Anyone ordering dbrand skins? Thought of doing group order to save on shipping lol

My iPhone 12 Pro Pacific Blue 128GB arrived yesterday.

Initial response: I think I’ve made a mistake on this colour.

After a day, I’m pretty cool with it. Under some light, it’s more of a silver than a blue, in other light it’s more of a green and sometimes or on certain angles it looks almost space grey. Kinda cool.

I’m still waiting on the arrival of the case… AusPost are really dropping the ball lately (a few family and friends at work are waiting on heaps of stuff to arrive…

Happy camper though! :blush:

1 Like

Well, photos please :grin:!! My friend is planning to get the Max but can’t decide on the colours.

Have you used dbrand skins before? How did you find applying them?

Yeah, i’ve used them before on my iPhone 8. It’s actually quite easy to apply, just need patience and a hair dryer.

Thought of getting the swarm skin :slight_smile:

Oh no! I was going to order the gold one. Anyone own the gold Pro?

I got my wife the gold 12 Pro. Looks good to me. Plus it will be in a case most of the time anyway.

Vince ignore me - I’m generally not a fan of any kind of gold anyway. I just thought the extra shiny gold band made it look like gold plated plastic.

If you like it get it. Everyone has different tastes.

:grin: I’m drawn to the ‘gold brick’

How can anyone not love gold? :laughing:

2 Likes

I ordered a gold 512gb iPhone 12 Pro but still haven’t even received the tracking number. It’s ‘on back order’ so no idea if I’ll get it even this month.