iPhone 5s replacement battery

So I’m on the hunt for a replacement battery for my sons 5S. I’m happy to do it myself but wanted recommendations for eBay sellers and or battery types since I notice things from 1,500mAh to almost 3,000mAh. More power is always better unless there is some reason I shouldn’t.

Any comments or do I just buy one from a random and hope for the best?

I have had a couple of goes at ebay batteries for a couple of iPhone 5 that got dunked with no success. It might be the dunking though.

dunked?

Mac Fixit Australia, now Clickspot Australia sell the iFixit Replacement Battery $34.89 include shipping, and the replacement comes with a warranty. Which is a pretty good price for a new replacement battery with warranty.

https://www.clickspot.com.au/apple-ipad-iphone-ipod-accessories/ipad-iphone-ipod-repair-replacement-parts/ipod-batteries/iphone-battery-replacement/model-identifier/iphone-5s-(2013)/

5% off if it’s your first time when you use the coupon “FIRST5”

I should also say is this something you really want to take the risk on given what can happen to batteries by buying a new cheap unknown item off eBay.

I’m not sure where you saw that as it appears to be $44.99 + shipping when I look. The tool kit looks nice too! But I already have most if not all of those from various other repairs over the years.

Probably not all that different to buying from your local shopping centre repair guy, although maybe they are buying better batteries to ensure customer satisfaction vs return rates.

In the end I bought plenty of after market batteries off eBay before In the end I went with the cheap eBay option, although only a standard capacity battery with included tool set.

I picked a seller that said they were in Australia and had decent reviews (lots of sellers seemed to have feedback about items that just never arrived). I ordered it on Wednesday night and it turned up on Friday, which was damn quick. Install was relatively straight forward although I had to pull out the heat bag after the adhesive strips failed to pull out cleanly (or at all). I can see why people would pay someone else to do this job.

It’s back together and appears to be working as expected, I have to wait for the official feedback from my son on how improved battery life is!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-Genuine-OEM-Replacement-Battery-for-iPhone-5S-iPhone-5C-1560mAh-3-8V/131217619852?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

That price is for the battery only not the one that includes the tool kit and I always include shipping cost specially if it’s flat rate like they offer.