iPhone 6s/6s Plus Preorders

Who’s getting ready to drop some cash? I know last year the Apple Store app was the way to go, anyone have a different plan?

Reckoner did a nice round-up of the available plans - Optus only, for now.

I have Telstra’s New Phone Feeling so will definitely be upgrading. I’m hoping that they will be a bit more generous with their data limits but I’m not holding out much hope. I love Telstra’s service but we sure pay for it!

As announced in Apple’s keynote event on Thursday morning, Australian pre-orders for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus go live at 5:01pm today, which should be less than four hours by the time you read this. With the exception of Optus, none of the Aussie telcos have announced pricing just yet, but Reckoner will be adding them to their plan…

Originally published at: http://appletalk.com.au/2015/09/psa-iphone-6s-and-6s-plus-available-for-pre-order-at-501pm-today/

Hmm, the Apple Online Store is already down.

I also have Telstras New Phone Feeling so I’ll be upgrading my 6 to a 6S at some point however I’m not expecting Telstra to be very quick about the whole process.

I’m going to go 6s and 6s plus. Will be selling my 6 and 6 plus if anyone interested.

Edit: sorry to hijack - I know appletv is in November by when is the iPad pro coming out? Missed the date.

November also. Nothing more specific than that, I think.

I’m overseas at moment so preordering should be fun.

Correction, the entire apple.com is already down.

iPad Pro should be October I thought?

Heh. I guess now that they’ve integrated the store into the rest of Apple.com, when the store goes down, everything else does too!

still down…

Ok, 5.08 pm, pre-ordered off the iOS app, 1 x 6S Plus Space Grey 128, and 1 x 6S Rose Gold 128. :smiley:

1 Like

Holy Jesus the new Telstra plans are ridiculously expensive. I can’t believe they can justify ramping up their prices so much :frowning:

I guess I won’t be getting a 6S Plus after all.

1 Like

Jebus!
Moto or Sony may be my next

Telstra’s plans are pathetic. Optus and Vodafone are pretty much on par - only $1 difference between the 12GB plan for a 128GB 6s Plus.

I resisted and conquered my FOMO.

Ahhhhh, I know why Telstra’s plans are ridiculous, there’d be a fair amount of people doing their trade in program.

1 Like

Oh man, I didn’t even think about that. I know they have been recently, but were they offering free New Phone Feeling a year ago?

Those sneaky people!

Last year was the first time they offered it I believe. I know people who specifically signed up to Telstra because of it.

Either:

a) making up lost revenue (IF they lose out anything from it) or
b) knowing that a majority of existing customers had already made their minds up to upgrade regardless when they signed up last year. (thus an opportunity for more revenue).

Been strong so far. The thing is, I really can’t fault my iphone 6, which I Purchased outright last year on launch. I’m still paying off a 5S which I sold for the 6, and that contract runs out in May next year. I know I could sell the 6 and get a good price towards out outright 6s, but spending $1379 on a phone… I could buy a really good android phone for the difference probably.