iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2 pre-orders

Anyone else here pre-ordered?

I pre-ordered a black SS 42 mm watch - deliver next week.
rose gold iPhone 7 256 - next week
jet black iPhone 7+ 256 - 30/9 (obviously jet back 7+ is in demand)

Did it at 5.08 pm on the iPhone app.

Will need to sell 2 series 1 watches (38 and 42) and 2 iPhones (6 and 6+) - will post separate threads.

Meh… If I do end up buying another iPhone the IPhone SE will perhaps be my last iPhone.

Hi Erwin,

Did you Apple Watch really say delivery next week?

I ordered my 42mm SS with White Sport Band via the iPhone App at 5:07pm and it says delivery on the 26th. I checked all the watch combinations (after I made my order) to see if they all had delayed delivery and they were all showing delivery from the 26th.

In any event, this was my order:

iPhone 7 256GB Black - Available 16 September
Apple Watch 42mm SS with White Sport Band - Delivery on the 26th September

I will have a 42mm SS Apple Watch to sell too if anyone is interested.

Yes. 16/9

Yes, I did the 42 SS.
Delivery 26th as well.
Must be the 1st available date??

I’m really confused, I’m trying to order an Apple Watch (S1), but there seems to be no options with bands and such?

That’s great. Lucky you.

I don’t understand the Apple Store sometimes. I checked out earlier, but get later delivery. Anyway, hopefully it will be like the first generation Apple Watch where the shipment dates got bumped up,

Ordered the Nike + black/grey 42mm. I prefer that band but if I can get a normal sport in a store prior I might do that. By then we’ll know more about how well the GPS operates and running functionality.

Maybe space black SS is an unpopular colour?

I looked at the Space Black SS and it also said delivery 26/9, although that was after I completed the checkout on my order so it would have probably been 5:10pm.

Oh well, never mind. It’s not like I don’t have an Apple Watch already.

We ordered an iPhone SE which still has a 3.5mm port.

1 Like

I’m trying to order an SE but I’m being stuffed around by Optus and Virgin. I hate telcos with a passion.

2 Likes

Buy it outright. I don’t understand the people that have phones on plans where they don’t look at real cost, unless you’re planning long term of not paying out a phone contract and switching from one model to the next you’re always worse off.

You never really get the best plan because you’re sim locked, and possibly to a network such as Optus, and your stuck paying well more than what the phone will ever be worth if you try to get out later.

I’ve never been on a plan, but I can get on a very good deal now which will save me money. I don’t want to pay the outright cost right now anyway.

I ordered a 256GB 7plus black and a 42mm SS watch, the iPhone let me pick up on the 16th but the watch was only available for delivery, which I thought was weird but its also on the 16th.

I ordered about 5:05pm I think, was constantly refreshing from just before 5pm so ordered as soon as the page was live (late)

I keep having Vodafone harass me about why I’m not on a sim plan, I keep telling them their network service is horrendous in my area, and the only reason why I don’t change is because its better than Optus coverage and cheaper than Telstra.

They never win that game no matter how many times they call me.

I’ve generally been happy with Virgin, but having troubles moving my number onto my own account, so I can move to Optus and keep my number. I’ve always been on prepaid, but my great prepaid plan has disappeared and I’ve had to recharge after only 4 days because the new one is unbelievably bad value.

I’ve been impressed with the prepaid I’ve been getting with vodafone at the moment, they do my mix now which is awesome http://www.vodafone.com.au/prepaid/plans/mymix with 12Gb of data for as little as $50 a month depending on what your circumstances are going to be that month.

See I’ll be paying just a bit over $50 a month for a phone and plan through Optus, with less data, but I don’t need 12GB of data. Optus reception has been fantastic for me so I won’t be going to Telstra or Vodaphone, leaving really only Virgin and Optus, and Optus is offering me a better deal.

Should have signed up about two weeks ago, they were throwing in quota free EPL coverage. I was tempted.