iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2 pre-orders

Keep it on topic, fellas.

I pre-ordered the 128GB iPhone 7 in Black.

Wanted Jet Black, but by the time the Apple Store came online Jet Black was delivering by 21/9. A few minutes more of indecision, and it was 2-3 weeks.

Matte black will be cool, though.

Iā€™m with Optus (and they have been fine). I get 10GB data, all calls and SMS free and 300 mins of International calls for $30pm (plus free EPL -but I hate soccer so itā€™s useless for me)

You going to be selling one youā€™re replacing? :slight_smile: Iā€™m after a + (6 or 6S)ā€¦

Yes PM me. :slight_smile: will be posting for sale threads once Iā€™m back from overseas.

1 Like

Opting out this year. Too many other upcoming purchases (bike, new Olympus camera, holiday).

Itā€™s worth doing the maths. My iPhone 3G, 4, and 5 were on a plan with Vodafone. The 3G and 4 were cheaper on the plan, the 5 was about $20 total more over 2yrs than buying outright. When the 6 came out it was quite a bit more on a plan, and the plans started to be different between sim only and phone plans, so it made sense to buy it outright.

Iā€™m not convinced Iā€™m going to upgrade from the 6. I probably will in time but I certainly wonā€™t be queuing up overnight like I did with the 3G and the 4. The GPS and waterproofing of the series 2 watch is making me think again about the watch so that might be my first oneā€¦

Thats why I buy outright. Always. And never from a Telco. If I canā€™t afford it, I wait until I can,

Ditto. The freedom to choose the best plan and upgrade whenever I want are the main reasons.

1 Like

One things for sure, buying outright is probably cheaper anyway. For instance, if you went on Boost for $40 a month and bought an iphone 7 128gb outright, it costs you about $91 a month. on a plan itā€™s at least $103 for less data with Telstra.

I buy outright because I am a really low use prepaid person, and theres no point in my mind to be spending many dollars every month for something I wonā€™t use. Thank god the Apple store came to Oz, eventually. And on that noteā€¦ Iā€™m not pre-ordering. Iā€™ll think about it, around this time next year :slight_smile:

I ordered the black 128GB 7. Upgrading from my 6s. To be honest the upgrade didnā€™t do that much for me, and the headphone thing is not my cup of tea either, but mehā€¦ what can I say.

Also got a leather case in black.

I would be in the same situation even if I was just getting a plan and buying outright.

Black 128 in normal human size.

Will also try to pickup a series 2 on the day.

Pre-ordered a 128gb Jet Black 7 plus. I do a lot of photography on my iPhone so always upgrade when I can. Canā€™t wait!

Black 128GB 7 here :slight_smile:
Got the black leather case too.

Anyone want a 5S haha?

This is a thread about pre-orders. Please keep on topic.

Sure if youā€™re intention is to never own anything and trade through a series of phones it can sometimes work out cheaper. Though, I never intended to be that person, personally, but if it floats your boat then why not?

My phone habit is buying the model that has been recently superseded which is more than fast enough for my use. Iā€™ll look at an SE next year, the iPhone 7 isnā€™t on my radar at all.

You own the phone on day 1. You are simply paying it off. For the early iphones it was cheaper to pay it off over 24 months than to pay the outright price. Not a question of trading through a series of phones, simply a matter of adding up the 24 monthly payments, subtracting the cost of the equivalent plan without a phone, and comparing to the outright price. Sometimes itā€™s a good deal, sometimes itā€™s not.

1 Like

Tell that to the sheriff when you default on your paymentsā€¦ I own it get the hell out of hereā€¦ Lulzā€¦ :joy: Really? You own it. Yeah alrgitht mate, whateverā€¦

It depends upon the wording of the contract.

In some cases the person does own the phone from day one but the phone is security for the contract which means that even though the phone is owned it can be re-possessed.