iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2 pre-orders

https://twitter.com/vladsavov/status/777953974628524032

Yikes. Any lingering shred of doubt over going with matte black is now gone.

1 Like

Holy macaroniā€¦

I already have a clear case ready for this. Will just wait for my Jet Black, will stick with my original decisionā€¦

Lucky thereā€™s a 14 day return period! No way Iā€™d be keeping that!

Wasnā€™t the 3G and 3GS like that? Itā€™s just being retro :slight_smile:

Wow. When they said ā€œmicroabrasionsā€ I thought they were meaning iPhone 3G levels of scratching not that. That ridiculous!!

3G wasnā€™t that bad! :smiley:

Check out this scratch test on an iPhone 7 in this video - painful to watch!

Is anyone with an iPhone 7 and an Apple Watch Series 2 (or perhaps even a Series 0 Apple Watch) find that they stop getting notifications on your Apple Watch after you take it off?

I find that each night after my Apple Watch has been charging, and I put it back on in the morning that I no longer get notifications on my Apple Watch. I have to reboot the iPhone and the notifications come back.

Never had this problem with my older iPhone and Apple Watch, but it has happened 3 days in a row with the iPhone 7 and Apple Watch 2 now.

Working fine for me with series 2 and 6s+

Nope, fine for me with a series 2 and 7+

Ok, Iā€™ve been very lucky and managed to get an iPhone 7+ 256Gb Matte Black for pickup today - seems like random Apple stores around Victoria have stock.

Iā€™ve cancelled my Jet Black in the meantime - so hopefully if there is anyone else who is waiting for one, they can have mine!

Same with Series 2 Watches, various random models available at various random stores. There was a Space Grey Sport at Highpoint but by the time I got to the end of the ordering process, it was gone (so they must have only had one or two). There was one at Fountain Gate but thatā€™s too far away. Iā€™m going for a walk in a second to see if JB or Myer might have one.

Looks like if you keep an eye on it you will likely get the model/device youā€™re after, with the exception perhaps for the Jet Black (though with the reports coming out about that, I have a feeling some people will have canned their orders as Erwin did and switched to just plain black).

And I got a Space Grey 42mm Aluminium Sport at Doncaster. Pickup was a breeze and an awesome experience, had a great chat with the girl at the Apple Store and she totally agreed that a CBD store is sorely needed :slight_smile:

Now Iā€™m learning to use the watch. Glad I got to start with the WatchOS3 dock etc, the interface makes sense and works well. Trying not to install too many apps or items.

Trying to work out: is there anyway to add friends/share your activity data with people on twitter/facebook etc, or is the only way via your apple ID/email address?

I reckon thatā€™s the right call. Matte black looks great, and will be much harder wearing too.

I got a 42mm black Steel with sports band. Ordered at 5.10am on launch day, delvered last Tuesday, which was a week earlier than the original estimate.

Is it just me, the clasp on the sports band seems weaker than I expected.

Has anyone used a screen protector, if so, any recomendations

The combination of the pin and the way the strap weaves back through the band holds the watch on well enough in my experience, never had it just fall off my wrist.

As for the screen protector, the sapphire glass is as good as scratch-proof, and every screen protector iā€™ve seen for the watch looks odd due to the curve on the edge of the watch, but understandable that you want to protect your fancy new gadget!

Got myself a 128GB Jetblack 7 Plus today. Also ordered a 42mm space grey S2 watch with nylon band today.

Will be interesting going from an SS to aluminium Watch.

1 Like