iPhone X Discussion

I was listening to the latest episode of Connected last night and some of the hosts also referred to RSI issues with the X, but they also had the same issues when moving to the Plus iPhones a few years back.

After a little while they said they got over it (is that how RSI works? I have no idea). Maybe it’s just retraining your hand muscles through everyday use?

They’ll do a plan for sure. Reservations open at 6am. If you’re lucky enough to snare one you then book a 30min window that day to collect from the store. I used the Apple store app to do it (top of the iPhone X page) and kept on going back and forward to that screen to refresh it at 6am and about 30 seconds later got a spot. The day before I tried and all gone at 6:01am. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks, @Tom. I’ve subscribed to Robinhood on Twitter which is pushing notices to me each time one comes into stock for reservation. Missed out on some Brissie ones this morning.

That’s good to know for next time, I didn’t know that Twitter feed existed!

Someone I know tried at 6am and got nothing, but came back at 7.30am and got a reservation. Probably a cancellation or something. Either way, worth a shot.

1 Like

In case anybody was wondering, you can do plans and use your Telstra new phone feeling when making a reservation online with the Apple store.

You guys reckon you need a case for this thing? I can’t decide if the back is hardy enough not to scratch, but I love the colour so I’m hesitant to get one.

So did it take forever to download your apps or is it only me?

It’s close to 12 hours since I set it up from backup and it’s still downloading my apps with only about 1/2 restored.

After seeing the drop tests I’d say yes to a case. I grabbed a black leather Apple one. Looks pretty good.

I bought one of these.
https://www.3sixtgear.com/product/cases/jelly-case-iphone-x-clear/
Not sure how much protection it would provide if dropped,but shows the colour of the back and protects from scratches. Besides it was only $14.99

1 Like

I received my iPhone X yesterday through Vodafone. Today I had an interesting experience where the phone unlocked, but I couldn’t swipe up to open the phone. Eventually I opened Siri and said “open this phone” which then opened it. However swiping on the screen was very slow. I eventually managed to shut the phone down, but it was difficult due to not being able to swipe properly. When I restarted the phone everything went back to normal.

I have heard there were problems with the screen in cold or windy weather but this was inside where the temperature was around 20 degrees.

Any one else had similar problems?

I have several spare clear gel cases if you want one

Have y’all seen the button presses required to do a hard reset on the iPhone X (and 8/8 Plus)? Per the Apple support article on the topic, it’s volume up, volume down, then pressing and holding the power button until your device reboots.

But I have a few questions - why is it so convoluted, and why is it different from the hard reset combo that works on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus (holding volume down + power)? None of these devices have a home button, but I don’t understand why Apple went with a different button combo on the newer X and 8 phones.

It’s not because of the emergency SOS feature either, which has a different activation method yet again. On the iPhone X/8/8 Plus, it’s the power button and one of the two volume buttons. On the 7 and 7 Plus, it’s pressing the power button five times rapidly.

Anyone else have any guesses?

Hey @Dan, I’m all sorted now but thanks!

No problem! I have four spares that I was going to give away when lining up for the X, but I ended up pre-ordering for the first time lol.

I got mine about a week ago. I’ve upgraded from a 6+ as well and it feels a bit small afterwards. One funny thing is that I had it sitting on non-slip matting on top of a closed MacBook Air sitting at a slight slant on a stand, and the back glass is so crazy slippery that it wouldn’t stay on the non-slip matting! I really need to get a case again.

The really nice thing is that I can use Apple Pay with it.

1 Like

Who cares? It’s one extra button and the device resets. I doubt anyone is going to lose sleep over it.

I care. Where’s your sense of curiosity?

I don’t actually care that it’s an extra button, I’m not sure anyone does. But I’m curious about why it’s different to a phone that has exactly the same hardware/physical buttons. Why was it changed? Why couldn’t they have kept the same button combo for a hard reboot?

3 Likes

Wonder if it’s because the accessibility shortcut, which used to be triple pressing the home button is now triple pressing power. Maybe they thought it’d be confusing. But that’d only explain the X.

Because they days of simplicity and consistency from Apple are in the past, there is no reason that they needed to change it but seem to like change for the sake of change these days.