Late 2016 MacBook Pro battery

Just wondering what type of life people are getting from their new 2016 MacBook Pro’s?

I received my 13" MBP with magic touchy bar on Monday. I have 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD.
I fully charged machine on Monday to use at a conference on Tuesday. After about 1:40 of use I was down to 3% battery. I’m only getting 2-3 hours out of it just using a single app at a time.
Nowhere near the 10 h I’m supposed to get.

Lots of replies to this tweet https://twitter.com/stroughtonsmith/status/806994783210184705
suggesting a general lack of satisfaction with battery life.

Yes massive reports of battery issues (and other issues) with the new MacBook Pro.

Is it just me or has Apple’s quality and testing gone massively downhill these days? Basic faults with these machines are being found that should have been well and truly found and resolved during testing.

1. Battery life
  2. 3 finger drag does not work
  3. General issues with reliability of touchpad
  4. Problems copying between USB storage devices
  5. Graphics corruption issues

My view is that all of these should have been found and resolved before the machines were released.

I feel that back in Steve’s day heads would have rolled over this, it’s far far worse that the MobileMe fiasco that got staff sacked.

What is most frustrating is that users have been complaining about this issue for 3-4 weeks on MacRumors and no word from Apple.
I’ve just installed the latest beta of 10.12.2 (beta 6) as some people have reported that it makes their systems run better. No difference for me unfortunately.

I definitely feel that Apple is dropping the ball of late (past 4-5 years). Ever since the iPhone 5C silicon case covered up the word iPhone on the back of the 5C.

I wonder how different my machine (MacBook Pro Late 2016 with Function Keys) is from the touch bar model.

1. Have had excellent battery life.
  2. Haven’t noticed, but have noticed the three finger swipe up for expose seems to hang sometimes when invoked, but only in Messages, and it did it on my previous machine too
  3. No issues experienced
  4. No issues experienced
  5. Have seen a bit of glitching on lid open wake, but I’ve seen likewise on iMacs before. Pretty sure it’s software.

I have 1.
2) Haven’t tried.
3) my trackpad crashes and I have to sleep machine for approx 1 min by closing the lid to get it back. [quote=“leon, post:1, topic:3000, full:true”]
Just wondering what type of life people are getting from their new 2016 MacBook Pro’s?

I received my 13" MBP with magic touchy bar on Monday. I have 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD.
I fully charged machine on Monday to use at a conference on Tuesday. After about 1:40 of use I was down to 3% battery. I’m only getting 2-3 hours out of it just using a single app at a time.
Nowhere near the 10 h I’m supposed to get.
[/quote]

I believe that the issues have only been reported with the touchbar model

I’ve definitely had the graphics glitching on my entry level (Function Keys) model. Happened again this morning when I first woke up. Had to sleep and re-wake. Only took a second, but still not ‘perfect’ as we’ve come to expect from Apple (by their own doing!).