Mailplane - Email Client

Continuing the discussion from What's your home page?:

I’ve tried it in the past and not paid for it and kept it, although it’s been a while so I’ve grabbed it again to have another look. What do you think is so good about it that makes you recommend it?

I like the idea of a “client” that’s in a different dedicated window, but as a Chrome user I really do get 99% of the integration (and thanks to this thread just worked out how to make Chrome handle external mail links so everything else now links to Gmail :wink: )

One of my issues with Gmail which Mailplane doesn’t seem to address is the width of the folder bar, I use the linked extension below to allow me to resize it. My issue is that I still use folders (or labels in Gmail-speak) to sort lots of my email. I have consolidated about eight different email accounts (thanks to lots of different hats I wear) so have lots of rules to separate out my mail… that also means I have unread mail in subfolders and then they run off the column you can’t see the number for how many there are. That in itself is probably a deal breaker unless there are some great features I can’t immediately see.

I have paid for and use mailplane. It’s safari based and works fine except for the way it handles attachments in gmail which is not drag and drop unlike chrome. Besides that I love it.