New purchases thread!

I don’t think I’d buy an 11" notebook/netbook again, the screen is too small for me. I make do with the iPad, but for a computer I’d be wanting 13" (and definitely not 15" thats too big). Although… The screen res seems pretty good. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

New pair of kicks for getting around with the dog walking.

2 Likes

Just purchased a new bag and iPad case from Pad and Quill

http://media.padandquill.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/685x480/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/a/galloper-black-leather-roll-top.jpg

http://media.padandquill.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/685x480/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/h/chestnut-leather-ipad-pro-folio_3.jpg

4 Likes

A winch for my 4x4 dual cab ute :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That, my friend, is a Man Bag :wink:

1 Like

I prefer the term ‘murse’

1 Like

Well, I had to pay for him so it counts :). Toby came from the RSPCA yesterday.

8 Likes

What a handsome cat!

1 Like

He thanks you :slight_smile:

Picked up an iPad Pro 9.7 32GB with Smart Keyboard today.

Very impressive piece of kit and really is a big speed jump and quite liking the keyboard.

Those around from MacTalk will know I like my keyboards!

Don’t think is much chance this would be getting any refresh next week, though I do think the 12.9 might get a bump to match this model with the camera etc.

Nice. The Pro 9.7 is a sweet piece of kit. I really like the TrueTone display!

Here’s the Dell 11 3000, in between my partners 11" MBA and my 13" rMBP. For $319… well, I think it’s pretty damn good. The biggest issue by far is the N3710 CPU which lets it down a bit but you can still do most simple stuff on it. It does lag a bit. I upgraded the included 128GB SSD to the 250GB one I had. It has a 4GB DDR3 RAM SODIMM in a slot. If I had access to an 8GB one to try I certainly would, but I don’t want to buy one in case it doesn’t work, I can’t find any mention of anyone who’s tried it. I’m also not sure if 8GB will improve it that much. Essentially I wanted a windows machine I could grab without having to get into Bootcamp or Parallels, and I also wanted an 11" machine without the cost of a MacBook Air.

The speakers are pretty good. The screen isn’t great but it’s not bad for the price. I installed ITunes and that runs fine though does start a bit slowly I have actually still got my library on a 128GB MicroSD. The Micro SD slot is spring loaded something I wish all the Mac’s had.

If you just want a small machine to cart around that you can upgrade the storage on, then this certainly isn’t the worst one you could buy, specially at the price.

Now I have to read up on my hackintoshing and see if there’s any chance it might run, but I’m not optimistic :slight_smile:

Pretty boring purchase. Generic, no name brand remote shutter. I’ve just been connecting my phone to my cameras wifi but it absolutely rips through the battery on both.

Well I guess it’s a bit of a faux pas to post them in here, but eh.

128Gb iPhone 7

Series 2, 42mm Space Black with the milanese band.

And Now, I cry in 55 days time.

1 Like

Why cry?

Meanwhile, our Latest Purchase :).

11 Likes

Credit card payment due?

Maaaaaaybe.

Looks tasty!

1 Like

Bought a Black Series Alpha off-road camper trailer to tow behind my 4x4.

2 Likes

is that matte black or jet black? :slight_smile:

5 Likes