New purchases thread!

Just ordered a Fuji XE2S as a second body and a macro lens :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t have thought that mounting it in the ceiling was a good idea, on the ceiling yes but not in the actual roof cavity as even the ceiling covering (gib/cement fibre/whatever) that has to be penetrated to let the signal out will degrade it quite a bit.

Yeah he was a muppet for doing it. It’s back to normal now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pick this up today, Now still trying to get the memory sorted.

3 Likes

Purchased back on Jan 5, arrived today direct from a Chinese warehouse.

It’s a Xiaomi M365 electric scooter!

6 Likes

Which OS are you going to be running on it? I’ve been contemplating doing something like this for a while, for when my mac gear isnt adequate for what I want to do (thats not now). I’ll be very interested to see how it goes. Do make progress updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d also be very interested in updates on this as I quite simply can’t justify the cost of a new Mac configured how I want it so it might be a move back to Linux or Windows for me as the cost is well over $1000 cheaper and much as I love OS X it’s not $1000 worth of love…

Grabbed myself a new Silverstone CS380 case for my home server last week. It’s great. 8 hot swap bays powered by two ata connectors on the backplane. Upgraded the server OS to Windows Server 2016 too. Currently got about 19TB in there.

4 Likes

Very tidy setup with clean cable routing.

Nice. How would these handle steep hills?

Yeah that was the aim with the case. The last case was too tightly packed so airflow was a problem and this new one has fans directly on the drive bays which is great.

Terribly, unfortunately.

1 Like

After keeping on top of MSY for the last few days I finally have memory for the computer with any luck I should be picking it up locally on Sunday as my dad is going to have it put on a work truck.

I’ll start a new thread hopefully tomorrow. That’ll make things easier to keep things moving along, as intended in this thread.

1 Like

Started one here Alternative to a Mac thread I’ll be adding my reply in hopefully over the next few hours if not it’ll be tomorrow.

Picked up a couple of Steelseries Nimbus controllers for use on my Apple TV 4 with Provenance and Real Racing 3, from eBay, arrived yesterday.
Cost with postage from the US being about $125, which since they’re $100 new isn’t a bad price for two in very good condition.

Just goes to show that drunk impulse purchases can work ok after all :joy:

Not according to a guy I know who apparently one night registered the domain howmanycomswouldadotcomcomifadotcomcould.com in the early hours of one morning (only to cancel it the next day)

But why?! That’s awesome :smiley:

whats your email?
[email protected]
Can you spell that for me?
…ummmmmm

1 Like

I went on the preorder list today for a Nintendo Switch in neon.

I also bought Breath of the Wild. Shut up and look at the game artists work, it’s utterly amazing. 3D Realism is dead to me.

1 Like

Delivery in Feb some time. Wife’s new vehicle for school runs.

5 Likes