New purchases thread!

Nice. How would these handle steep hills?

Yeah that was the aim with the case. The last case was too tightly packed so airflow was a problem and this new one has fans directly on the drive bays which is great.

Terribly, unfortunately.

1 Like

After keeping on top of MSY for the last few days I finally have memory for the computer with any luck I should be picking it up locally on Sunday as my dad is going to have it put on a work truck.

I’ll start a new thread hopefully tomorrow. That’ll make things easier to keep things moving along, as intended in this thread.

1 Like

Started one here Alternative to a Mac thread I’ll be adding my reply in hopefully over the next few hours if not it’ll be tomorrow.

Picked up a couple of Steelseries Nimbus controllers for use on my Apple TV 4 with Provenance and Real Racing 3, from eBay, arrived yesterday.
Cost with postage from the US being about $125, which since they’re $100 new isn’t a bad price for two in very good condition.

Just goes to show that drunk impulse purchases can work ok after all :joy:

Not according to a guy I know who apparently one night registered the domain howmanycomswouldadotcomcomifadotcomcould.com in the early hours of one morning (only to cancel it the next day)

But why?! That’s awesome :smiley:

whats your email?
[email protected]
Can you spell that for me?
…ummmmmm

1 Like

I went on the preorder list today for a Nintendo Switch in neon.

I also bought Breath of the Wild. Shut up and look at the game artists work, it’s utterly amazing. 3D Realism is dead to me.

1 Like

Delivery in Feb some time. Wife’s new vehicle for school runs.

5 Likes

Looks good. What do they run at these days?

Run as in,
Price? $65k
Power? 6.2L 304kW, 570Nm
1/4 mile? About 13.5s
Fuel economy? Not good.

As it is the wife’s car I can’t touch it. But CAI, exhaust and tune can get close to 400kW and 700 Nm N/A for about $8k.

I’m waiting for my lease to finish next year and I’ll look at a Gen-F or F2 GTS.
$8k upgrade to it can net 500kW+ and 900Nm+

2 Likes

I wish I had that kind of cash to drop on a vehicle

2 Likes

300kw and 13.5 seconds. Those Commodore wagons must way as much as a brick toilet.

1 Like

We don’t really. It’s a novated lease so pay off bits slowly using pre tax dollars.

Both wife and I have driven cheap crap boxes for 20+ years.
Only 3 months ago I stopped driving my 1990 Ford Laser (was my daily driver from 1998).

We’ve worked hard so now it’s time to splash out on something new and nice.

1 Like

1870kg

Wow, yeah, now I’m thinking traffic light derbies your Commodore sports wagon is slower than my 4 cylinder Integra :yum:

Shouldn’t that be:

howmanycomswouldadotcomcomifadotcomcouldcom.com

:grin:

Shouldn’t that be

howmanycomswouldadotcomcomifadotcomcouldcom.com?

:grin:

1 Like