New purchases thread!

I love my iPad Pro 12.9. It was replaced a couple of weeks ago as the old one exhibited a light leak issue - I could see the individual LEDs around the edge of the display. Apple replaced it no questions asked. Will be looking to upgrade to the new model through Telstra as my parents are still rocking a dead slow and practically useless iPad 2, so will sell them my old 12.9.

I dont have a way of measuring its power, I’m trusting the claims at this stage. What I do know is that it wont draw the same kind of power as the old window rattler.

So far its been very effective through 3 days of 35+… Comfortable nights and afternoon granny naps.

42 Litre Ridge Ryder Fridge/Freezer
Product shot - Last week I picked up a 42 litre 12/24/240V fridge/freezer - we’re embarking upon a 2 week road trip in a week’s time so it’ll be nice to have food and drinks kept nice and cool during the journey.

2 Likes

Logitech keyboard case for my last years new iPad Pro.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/slimcombo?crid=1762

Its really nice in use. Still origami-ish when putting away, but no more than Apple’s smart keyboard.

Bought from ebay for $185, alas there are no more at that price, but you can get them cheaper than RRP.

I bought a set of Dura Ace 7800 chain rings a new 11-28 Ultegra 6770 cassette, Dura Ace chain and a Bontrager RXL stem. My bike is nearing being complete. I’m just thinking about what seat I want. This one is too round and it doesn’t have a cut out or anywhere for your man bits to go.

Its a 2007 Discovery Channel bike in the guise of the one Alberto Contador won the TDF on. The only standing Tour De France win for Team Discovery channel. All of the parts are period correct except the derailleurs.

Upgraded from iPhone 8 (Silver) to iPhone XS (Gold). Notch is annoying in some apps.

1 Like

Grabbed a satellite for my Amplifi mesh wi-fi yesterday. As mentioned earlier I bought the base unit with the intention to add on later, rather than getting the base + 2 satellite bundle.

It was so easy to set up. Literally plug it into the wall, open the Amplifi iOS app, and click the button to add it to the system. You get some more options if you want, e.g. run an additional SSID from the satellite, but I’ve stuck to defaults for now. Loving this ecosystem!

Couple of new lens purchases for the Sony A7

Sigma 70mm ART
Sigma 135mm ART
Tamron 28-75
Zeiss Batis 85

Also got an iPhone mount for my motorbike

2 Likes

Decided to get a new server while my wife picked up a new iPhone XR.

Just a baseline 6 core:

• 3.0GHz 6-core eighth-generation Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz
  • 8GB of 2666MHz DDR4 memory
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630
  • 256GB of PCIe-based SSD storage
4 Likes

what sort of workloads are you running on the server?

Video trancoding mainly. I wanted to free up my old Mac mini that is the downloads machine.

1 Like

Is that the “out front” quad lock? How do you find it? I have the original one on my mountain bike - considering upgrading for less wobble when on bumpy path now I use a plus sized phone…

LEGO star wars advent calendar

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media/vc/14948840-23fa-455f-b419-651e2269e0d6.CR0,0,970,300_PT0_SX970_.jpg

2 Likes

Yeah. Quad Lock but I think the out front is for bicycles. This is the motorcycle mount. I put up a review on netrider. Better than the sp connect

1 Like

I just read your review of the Quadlock on Netrider (I’ve been a member there for a long time), I have to say I particularly appreciated the Collingwood reference :slight_smile:

I have to ask though, looking at the case is this mount relying on the inherent water resistance of the phone itself? ie the Quadlock case itself isn’t waterproof?

Just picked up a Netgear Orbi RBK50 AC3000 mesh router with satellite.

Considering my old gateway modem router was only b/g/n, this beast really makes a difference throughout the house. I will do a seperate thread on performance.

3 Likes

Yes, but they have a waterproof poncho if you don’t have a waterproof model. I think they sell the poncho with the devices that aren’t waterproof.

1 Like

Yesterday I (finally) received my ML2032 battery from eBay. This is a rechargeable version of the common CR2032 and it powers my Logitech K750 solar powered Keyboard.

The original lasted for four years of heavy use as my primary (and only) keyboard at work. I bought this along with a Logitech MX Master as I hated the work supplied USB equipment and these have followed me from desk to desk and job to job over the years performing a treat.

Having to use the work supplied (now wireless) Dell keyboard and Mouse reminded me again why I BYO and just how much cheapo device suck. I’m very happy to back on the K750.

Not my picture, but it’s a simple battery replacement had it all going. Interesting that Logitech didn’t consider this a user replaceable part when it was first released, probably to ensure people didn’t just shove in a CR2032 which may have bad outcomes (like fire) given it’s not rechargeable. They have since updated their stance but it does come with a warning about making sure you get the correct ML battery.

Bought an iPhone XS a couple weeks ago. I can say that surprisingly I am coping without Touch ID and the stupid fat notch. Not entirely thrilled about it, but I am managing!

1 Like

Grabbed a few bits and bobs in cyber Monday sales

Xiaomi Mi Home Smart Dash Cam

Echo Dot 3 in Sandstone

And an Apple TV 4K
Image result for apple tv 4k

1 Like