Plex DVR - what's available in Aus?

I’m starting to use Plex on my MacMini and watching via AppleTv (Latest). Was interested to see that the new Plex DVR offers many tv channels, including Fox. This would be useful for watching Formula 1 as I don’t have a Foxtel subscription (Not worth it for F1 only).

Does anyone know what channels are available on Plex DVR in Australia?

I realise this is a subscription product!

Kev

Looks like it’s just the free-to-air channels via an HDHomeRun tuner. I already have a Beyonwiz PVR and EyeTV tuner, so will skip this. Shame.

I bought an HDHomeRun tuner to us Plex DVR (but have yet to set it up).

The advantage I was hoping for was it will give me the ability to watch free to air TV on my iPad, Mac and any other TV which has Plex running. I have a TV in a room which does not have an TV aerial (it’s actually my main TV) as the prior owners of the house never had a TV aerial installed as they used Foxtel.

Now I am sort of stuck with a Foxtel subscription (just to watch free to air TV). Perhaps with the Plex DVR, I can cut Foxtel and still have the ability to watch free to air TV on my main TV through Plex.

That’s the plan anyway.

I have a Beyonwiz PVR too but finding it difficult to record stuff without IceTV - just too fiddly.

Aside - Out of principle, I refuse to pay for IceTV anymore, after they went bust, took my balance with them & increased prices - I had been a 6+ year subscriber otherwise.

I use Plex a lot too - with a Mac Mini Server.

Have thought about the HD Home Run / Plex combo myself and looks interesting.

Any idea on:

1. How to store recorded FTA stuff - do you have to point it to a NAS/HDD - or does it come built in?
  2. What about remote record and series linking and TV Guide (i.e. what Ice TV was doing) capability?

You have to record stuff on your NAS/HD. The HDHomeRun does not have any memory.

As for recording TV shows, you need to rely on a TV Guide in order to do that. I guess it’s not too different to your current setup I guess.

The main advantage to Plex DVR is you can watch TV on any device (via Plex), which is what I really want it for. I rarely watch live TV anymore and can’t really think of anything I would want to record on a regular basis.