Poll: How many iPhones have you had?

Prompted by this report of the 6S having more RAM, I was thinking about how Apple put out great phones that should easily last you two years, but give you just that little something that makes it worth updating to the S model. The 3GS was faster all around, the 4S had Siri and the 5S had Touch ID. Right now I’m planning to sit out the 6S, but if history is any guide I’ll find a reason to upgrade - I’ve had a new iPhone every year since 2007.

How many different models of iPhone have you had?

• Only one

• A few different models

• Almost all of them

• All of them!

I think I’ve had one of everything except the 4s and 5c…that’s probably not a good thing.

I’ve had a first gen, iPhone 3g, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, and now an iPhone 6.

I get every iPhone besides the “s” revisions.

I’ve had the 3GS, 4S and now a 5S. I’m not getting another until Apple Pay comes here.

Me too, and not the first one either. 3G, 4, 5, and 6.

3G, 4, 4S, 5, 6+, 6

Although the 6+ was only for a week.

A 4 and a 5, both second hand at that.

I’ve found the battery is starting to go on my 5 but I’ll probably hold out until the 6s and get a new shiny for a change (or just take someone’s 6 and save the dough)

3G
5s
6 Plus

Between each one of them I’ve had dalliances with other devices/operating systems - yet I keep coming back.

3GS because it was 3G, 4 because it had retina, and 5 because… I wanted it.

Getting older though, priorities are changing. If ApplePay is up and running in Oz by the time the successor to the 6 comes out I’ll probably get it, or else I might sit out another generation.

I am a little over iPhone, and waiting a change back to something else that comes along. I didn’t even bother to get the latest model, just got the hand down from my wife.

I’ve had every model since the 3G S apart from the 5S.

I’ve done ridiculous things like go on 12 month contracts or add a second phone onto my 24 month contract. Myke Hurley described it best in an early episode of Upgrade. “I just want it”.

1 Like

I think I have a problem - I’ve had a 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6 & now a 6 Plus. I didn’t realise it until I made the decision to get a 6 Plus but this thing is my dream device.

1 Like

On my second in about 5 years…

Would probably upgrade more frequently should funds suffice, but the power of economics denies me.

1 Like

First gen
3GS
4S
5S
6 Plus
And now a 6s Plus

You can add a 6+ to my list :smile:

Every single iPhone you out get in Australia (other than the original iPhone, and that was not from a lack of trying to obtain it either).

So I have had the 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 and soon 6S.

I’ve had every iPhone released, even the first model ( purchased off the bay ) yes I love my tech stuff :smiley: and I’ve just joined here after reading about it at the other site we all used to hang out at. Glad to be here

1 Like

Gosh some of you guys are lucky duckies! I’m still determined not to upgrade again until Apple Pay comes here. The larger screen doesn’t phase me, pparticularly with SwiftKey as a keyboard.

Broke duckies more like :smiley: But yeah I have had many, many phones over the years and I just cant get away from the iPhone. I recently went to the Galaxy S6 edge and I only lasted 2 months before going back to my 6 plus. The whole hype over their Super high res Quad HD display is laughable in my opinion. Side by side comparison and the 6 plus was much brighter and just as sharp to look at