"raise to wake"

Hi All,

I have updated to IOS 10.0.1 on 6S. The “raise to wake” option is not present under display and brightness. All I have read said that it should be there on a 6S.

Cheers, Kevin

That’s weird. I’ve got it. In fact once I updated, I didn’t even need to turn it on, it was just on by default.

Someone posted that they reckon it chews battery… I haven’t noticed my battery being impacted (and I’ve now been on iOS10 for a week). Wonder how others are finding it?

I haven’t noticed much impact on battery at all from iOS 10 on my iPhone SE. I’m still getting used to raise to wake. I still don’t interact with notifications on locks screen more than I used to (I swipe to call people back, that’s about it).

I switched off the raise to wake feature on my Fitbit, I’d rather put up with the minor inconvenience of having to touch a device than have it wake the screen every time I lift my wrist.

I might do something similar with my iPhone but I haven’t given it too much thought yet.

1 Like

I didn’t even realise it was there until I read this thread. Seems to work ok for my use cases.

I also turned it off on fitbit and have now done so on the phone. I found it annoyed me