Support AppleTalk by purchasing from the Apple Online Store!

With all the new shiny set to be revealed this Thursday morning, now is as good a time as any to mention that you can support AppleTalk by making your Apple Online Store purchases via our affiliate link. Benny and I launched AppleTalk just over 17 months ago as a site where Australian Apple enthusiasts could come together and talk…

Originally published at: http://appletalk.com.au/2015/09/support-appletalk-by-purchasing-from-the-apple-online-store/

4 Likes

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Bugger, I just spent $400 there last weekend :frowning: If I end up ordering anything new from this morning I’ll use the affiliate link!

I don’t suppose you have an affiliate link for the app store if that’s even possible?

1 Like

Sure do! Here’s one for Peace, as an example:

https://geo.itunes.apple.com/au/app/peace-block-ads-trackers-powered/id1031035630?mt=8&at=11lGFv

Is it just adding &at=11lGFv to the end of every app url? If so I can do that myself any time I want to buy an app.

1 Like

Yep, that works and would be awesome :smiley:

WTF? You guys started this 17 months ago?

How did I not find out about this?

Tell me about it, I just found out last week! :confused:

Maybe we should start a new site called theyforgottotellusaboutappletalk.com.au :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently we haven’t done a very good job of promoting ourselves :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

LOL - same here. Good to see you. :slight_smile:

aha! So thats how you do it. :slight_smile: So when I send a link to a friend or three for a particular app, I could include that too? (and yes I would tell them)

1 Like

That should work! Much appreciated :smile:

Couple of suggestions - a link to the store at the top of the site, and recategorising from ‘articles’ to ‘meta’? I’ve since bookmarked the thread but it wasn’t easy to find.

Good call on the category - it was in Articles because it originated on the blog.

Let us have a think about the store link - don’t want it to be too intrusive or badgery (is that a word? It is now).

Last night for me (Sunday).
Unfortunately, ordered a new iPhone Friday - sorry!
But, I will link to the store via here from now on.