Syncing Safari bookmarks with Chrome

Hey guys, I’m going to need to switch to Chrome and I wondering if you guys know of any simple way of getting Safari bookmarks on my phone and iPad synced to Chrome. Is Xmarks still the only way?

Just a thought. What if I install Chrome and iCloud on my gaming machine (windows 10) and install the iCloud bookmarks extension there? That’d always keep it in sync with my iPhone and iPad then, right? It’d also keep it in sync with Chrome on my Mac if I sign in, right?

1 Like

This should work. The iCloud bookmark syncing on Windows can be a little hit and miss in my experience, but YMMV

I exported my Safari bookmarks then imported to Chrome and from there on, all good. That is, Chrome syncs nicely with itself (although these days I don’t use it, but thats what I once did, when I was…)

The thing is, if I add a bookmark in Safari on my phone I want it to be there waiting for me in my bookmarks in Chrome on my computer. Same thing if I add a bookmark in Chrome - I want it to be there in Safari on my phone.

Putting Chrome and iCloud on my gaming PC seems to have done the trick. Chrome for Mac syncs with Chrome for Windows and iCloud for Windows pulls the bookmarks from Chrome and syncs them with Safari.

The first couple of tries it stopped working, but it’s been working well since yesterday afternoon now.

Now if I could just find a new tab page in Chrome that looks like the new tab page in Safari I’d be very happy.

Does other stuff sync when you do this? Specifically, history and passwords?

Between Chrome and Safari? No, just bookmarks

That’s the sticking point for me. Though I suppose there’s 1Password for passwords.

1 Like

Yeah but with 1Password you’d have to buy a license for Windows and even then you wouldn’t be able to use iCloud sync if you wanted it to work.

Chrome has a password manager built-in just like Safari. You could just visit your websites again and have Chrome remember passwords, just like Safari did. I don’t know if there’s a way to bring passwords across like bookmarks.